Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Hi all, I have a show silkie rooster - he is black and a white bantam cochin frizzled hen. He fertilized then hen and we hatched the eggs. One of the hatched eggs was from my black silkie hen. We lost that baby - so sad. It looked like it was going to be a paint. The five sizzles that hatched are two what appear to be lavendar

s?, one black and two partridge. One of the lavendars is frizzled, all others are smooth feathered. I need homes for the boys. Can any one tell me if they think these two are boys for sure. We've named them by order of hatching. So here are # 2, the lavendar, and # 3 a partridge. They are all very tame and are being hand raised in our house.

Here are all 5 babies about 9 days ago.

These were taken on 11/29/16 - hoping the black, light gray smooth feathered and one partridge are girls. May be too young to tell. They were hatched beginning on 10/28/16 one day apart. An old silkie hen went broody on me and she hatched them naturally so # 1 is 4 days older than # 5. Once they hatched, I brought them inside. They are so sweet. This is a girlfriend holding them so we can take photos.

So I hatched my bantam eggs earlier in the year ( I guess October?) and ended up with a blue frizzle rooster! I have no idea how lol. He has some gold in him too on his neck feathers and saddle. Is that appropriate coloring for a blue or would he be considered something else? I really need to get a picture of him. I don't have one yet!

My little one is feathering in nicely at 15 days. Feet feathers are amazing!

Back
Top Bottom