Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

Had a decent hatch of my cochins last weekend. Shipped seramas not so great. But look at these cuties! Sold all but 2 of the cochins. Many looked to be frizzles. Now I have 8 more in one incubator on day 10, and 10 more in another incubator on day 2.
wee.gif

CONGRATS on your babies
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif

I just posted some eggs on the 24-hour auction.
big_smile.png

Congrats!
clap.gif

YAY!!!! Congrats
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif

Thanks guys! Overnight I went from 5 to 24 with 5 more unzipping! They sure like hatching at night. Maybe an evolutionary trait because there are less predators at night? I dunno lol. But here is a picture of the movement of the first 21. I'll try and get some individuals later. I've got nearly 10 silkies and the rest are cochins. It looks like my white frizzle rooster is doing his job with my partridge hen! I've got 3 partridge cochin chicks. Maybe one of them will friz for me!

PLEASE HELP, My eggs usually start to pipe and hatch on the 18th day and now this batch is very slow they are still alive but it's day 20 and no pipes. I've been thinking the air cells look a little small. What can I do?? I can't loose this batch it's one of my bigger ones.

PLEASE HELP, My eggs usually start to pipe and hatch on the 18th day and now this batch is very slow they are still alive but it's day 20 and no pipes. I've been thinking the air cells look a little small. What can I do?? I can't loose this batch it's one of my bigger ones.

Are these chickens? Or quail?

WVduckchick

can you take some up close photos of the ones you think are frizzled so I know what to look for as mine hatch over the next few days.

my goal is frizzled.

thanks!!

Just took this and she's 10 days old. Frizzle is obvious within 6-10 days, in my experience. Feathers start curling as soon as they start growing. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom