Cochin Bantams and Frizzle Cochin Bantams!!

They say you should candle them after day 7. I just candled mine today and it was day 9 and all look good, fertile and growing.

Thanks guys! Overnight I went from 5 to 24 with 5 more unzipping! They sure like hatching at night. Maybe an evolutionary trait because there are less predators at night? I dunno lol. But here is a picture of the movement of the first 21. I'll try and get some individuals later. I've got nearly 10 silkies and the rest are cochins. It looks like my white frizzle rooster is doing his job with my partridge hen! I've got 3 partridge cochin chicks. Maybe one of them will friz for me!

CONGRATS! That is quite a group you have there! So adorable
love.gif

PLEASE HELP, My eggs usually start to pipe and hatch on the 18th day and now this batch is very slow they are still alive but it's day 20 and no pipes. I've been thinking the air cells look a little small. What can I do?? I can't loose this batch it's one of my bigger ones.

Are these chickens? Or quail?
@Tashaf how are your eggs doing? When I hatch Bantam Cochins...sometimes they hatch early but they can go 21 days. Also if for some reason your temps have run lower at any point....it can delay a hatch? Hope all is well!

@Tashaf
 how are your eggs doing?  When I hatch Bantam Cochins...sometimes they hatch early but they can go 21 days. Also if for some reason your temps have run lower at any point....it can delay a hatch? Hope all is well!

I've had 7 hatch so far! But that's out of 24, 4 ended up dying early on and I'm still waiting on the rest but no more pipes. I'm afraid that may be all I get. I usually have a 80-90% hatch, so, this sucks
2639.png

I've had 7 hatch so far! But that's out of 24, 4 ended up dying early on and I'm still waiting on the rest but no more pipes. I'm afraid that may be all I get. I usually have a 80-90% hatch, so, this sucks
2639.png

If they are usually hatching that early, you may be running your temps just a little too high. Some can survive, but some can't.

Last edited:
2639.png

Congrats on the 7 babies you have so far!
woot.gif
So sorry that your hatch is not going as well as you had hoped
hugs.gif
That happened to me last year. I had had successful hatches for years....but we moved and that just changed the game! I had to really work to figure out the perfect setting for my bators and had small hatches as a result
hmm.png
I also have got mixed results with shipped eggs..some were good hatches...some were not! So now I try to avoid shipped eggs and look for eggs locally I can pick up. Hopefully this year will work out better
fl.gif
But waiting for better spring weather to hatch...gonna be a while!
th.gif
Hopefully some more of your babies hatched out! Forgot to ask...what type of chicks are you hatching?

Back
Top Bottom