Cochin Thread!!!

thumbsup.gif
Good job, Dan'l Boone!!

I discovered this morning that I must not have actually latched the door to my shop when I closed it last night. EVERY one of my Black, Partridge,Silver Penciled chicks were killed last night. All of my birds under 5 weeks old. Also 5 good young Columbians and 3 Buff Columbians. I do have older Columbians and Buff Columbians in another place.

That coon will find out tonight that a mad old man with a good rifle is a deadly combo to mess with.

Now I have to hope the Blacks will lay again. The rest are laying well . I still have 60-70 older Columbians and 9 older Buff Columbians. Now I have to hatch later into the summer than I hoped to.
Craig
Heart stopping! so sorry.

Craig~ if you like, my Buff Columbians have started up laying again, I can donate some eggs to get you started again if yours aren't laying. I've been getting some very nice chicks this spring. I'd send pictures but my iPad won't let me post pictures on here for some reason and my desk top is down.
So sorry to hear of your loss. I did the same thing years ago when I lived in Colorado, I didn't latch the door and coyotes got in and killed every bird I had. I think the hardest part for me was dealing with the guilt. I make sure now to close everything up every night.

Craig~ if you like, my Buff Columbians have started up laying again, I can donate some eggs to get you started again if yours aren't laying. I've been getting some very nice chicks this spring. I'd send pictures but my iPad won't let me post pictures on here for some reason and my desk top is down.
So sorry to hear of your loss. I did the same thing years ago when I lived in Colorado, I didn't latch the door and coyotes got in and killed every bird I had. I think the hardest part for me was dealing with the guilt. I make sure now to close everything up every night.

Thank you so much for your offer to help!

My Buff Columbians are still laying so I will just hatch out what they will lay. My Buff Columbians, Columbians, Silver Penciled, Partridge are all laying so I will just hatch for a while longer. My Blacks are the only variety that I have that are not laying so now I have to wait the girls out until they do start to lay again.
Craig

Hi folks! I was wondering if you could help me determine the coloring of my chick. She (I hope) is about 8 weeks old. She is my first cochin and I am already in love with her! I thought she was Colombian, but I'm not so sure now.

Back
Top Bottom