Cochin Thread!!!

I am so sorry again Craig for your losses. This is so very sad.
hugs.gif
There is always something at some time or another that is overlooked and the wild animals take advantage of it. It is so easy to feel guilty but really we are only human.

Just an observation:
Getting your hens to lay is somewhat akin to washing your car to make it rain . . . just unplug the incubator!
lau.gif
Is that all it takes??? I have 3 splash girls that refuse to lay now that they are finally moved to a breeding pen with a nice black cockerel. I might have to try this.....
wink.png

Thanks for the input. As I said, my half Cochin has definitely become my favorite and was very curious to know if this is the norm or just the luck of the draw. From your replies, I think I will definitely be getting more Cochins.

To Craig, so very sorry for your loss. I know how devastating it can be.

Here I go again, lol. Couldnt help but share, snapped this on my cell the other evening. Not the greatest angel but its ok. This is the cockerel my nephew has claimed his, and has named 'Super Mario'. He should be ready for showing this Fall, if I can just keep him clean.

~Casey

He is beautiful! Bantam Cochins are perfect for kids to start with. They have such great personalities and are a fun size! I have really fallen in love with the breed. We got them for my daughter's 4H project. I am scared to go with white though. I free range my flock, and between the dirt and the hawks, it would be a losing battle. I am sticking to dark colors, they don't show so many stains. We had really bad luck with genetic defects in our first cochins, so I am in the process of starting over with all new stock in a new color, BBS & mottled.
fl.gif
The breeder has a good reputation so I am very hopeful.

This is my 15 week old Blue Cochin Bantam. He crowed at me this week end. I had him on the "what gender is my chicken" thread and all the replys are shocked it crowed. I was going to find him a new home immediately since I can't have roosters, but now I think I will hold onto him a bit longer. A girl can always hope.

This is my 15 week old Blue Cochin Bantam. He crowed at me this week end. I had him on the "what gender is my chicken" thread and all the replys are shocked it crowed. I was going to find him a new home immediately since I can't have roosters, but now I think I will hold onto him a bit longer. A girl can always hope.

I do more large fowl, but I think you are right to hope. Looks girlie to me.

Back
Top Bottom