Cochin Thread!!!

OK so after baths on the weekend I took some 'easy' shots of the new and very first bantam cochins I have....they are still in quarantine but seem happy enough...two splash pullets, a blue mottled pullet and a spalsh cockeral...they are not laying age yet...but i forgot to ask how old...I got them from the Jefferson show in GA...

Beautiful. I love splashes.
love.gif

She is adorable. Not sure about the age though, looks quite a bit younger to me
old.gif
I was thinking the same thing, I thought she'd have a redder comb if she were an 8 month old bird. The people that gave her to me said they were totally new to chicken keeping so its possible they got her age wrong. I checked on her this morning and I think the gamebird feed is doing her alot of good. She's only been here a couple of days but already has a ton of pin feathers on her back and tail (and 2!!!! actual feathers that aren't in wax :gig ). Nikki

Last edited:
Hi there, I was wondering if you could help me. I picked up 7 mixed chicks yesterday from a local breeder. They're all purebred, but because I wasn't fussed what breeds I got, he just grabbed the best looking 7 from the bator as quickly as possible (still others hatching in there). I asked him what he thought I had in there, and from a quick peek in the top of the box, he thought there was an Australorp... When I had a better look after introducing them to my broody, the black chick has feathered feet and seems noticably smaller than the other chicks. Now I'm wondering if it's not a bantam cochin? Wdyt? (thanks so much!)
It probably is. It will be obvious if its a Cochin soon. Bantam Cochins are good moms!

ATTENTION ALL SPLASH COCHIN BREEDERS!!! Bantam and LF
We need people that are willing to participate in a presentation for ABA and APA variety acceptance at the Ohio National in November. (ESPECIALLY LAGRE FOWL) If you would like to exhibit please go to the facebook group or pm me for a contact email address for more information
Thank you
here is the link for the facebook link https://www.facebook.com/groups/199819770140372/?fref=ts

Mandy, have you posted this on the LF thread?

Back
Top Bottom