Cochin Thread!!!

Awesome!
I have learned SOOOO much from this site. Twice, advice from here saved a few of my chickies!
thumbsup.gif

another good site is The Chicken Chick at http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/
wao that was a good site lots of information. thank you so much

I was wondering if someone could tell me what color my L/F cochin pullet is. She is about 10 weeks old. Also I dont plan on showing or breeding, but opinions of her would be welcome. Kind opinions haha. (She's from a hatchery.)

I was wondering if someone could tell me what color my L/F cochin pullet is. She is about 10 weeks old. Also I dont plan on showing or breeding, but opinions of her would be welcome. Kind opinions haha. (She's from a hatchery.)
well for starters, she's a blue. beyond that I don't have a clue for the LF cochin type. I do the midgets. LOL but she's cute. (IMO lf cochins at that age resemble young wookies.
lau.gif
)

Last edited:
well for starters, she's a blue. beyond that I don't have a clue for the LF cochin type. I do the midgets. LOL but she's cute. (IMO lf cochins at that age resemble young wookies.
lau.gif
)
yuckyuck.gif
I guess I should have put that I knew she was some shade of blue lol. I named her Lavender because I thought she might be self blue. Not sure though. I had some "midgets" but they were all roos. boo. They didn't get along with my Wyandotte roo. They have a good home though. Thank you for your reply
smile.png

Quote: no, she's not self blue, she is just regular plain blue... a self blue is a nice even light grey all over. 'real' blue tends to have a darker edge to the feather and some areas might be ligher or darker than others.

this is a self blue... one of Tom's (not mine) taken from the self blue thread...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom