Cochin Thread!!!

With slow developing birds like Cochins they look very odd at their age. So there isn't anything to worry about.
Thanks. Ill keep an eye on the tips of her wings too and see if they strighten out. I wish I could show it better. She doesnt love it when I try to take her picture. Do you think she is a she? At 5 weeks wouldnt she have more red in her face?

Thanks. Ill keep an eye on the tips of her wings too and see if they strighten out. I wish I could show it better. She doesnt love it when I try to take her picture.  Do you think she is a she? At 5 weeks wouldnt she have more red in her face?

Possibly, I would wait just a little bit more though.

Thanks. Ill keep an eye on the tips of her wings too and see if they strighten out. I wish I could show it better. She doesnt love it when I try to take her picture. Do you think she is a she? At 5 weeks wouldnt she have more red in her face?
I have this RIR that I got from someone awhile ago, full grown. She has the oddest primaries. They are really ruff/stiff and they flip and turn out odd. She gets along just fine. But I can easily say she has the oddest looking primaries out of every chicken I have ever owned.

I have this RIR that I got from someone awhile ago, full grown. She has the oddest primaries. They are really ruff/stiff and they flip and turn out odd. She gets along just fine. But I can easily say she has the oddest looking primaries out of every chicken I have ever owned.
Hey CC! Weird to see you on another thread lol. Yeah Bandits do the opposite I guess. They are super tightly tucked and they the tips are almost like dragon wings. Instead of laying flat, they fold under and it points her primaries back under and up. Never seen it before. She is still cute though. :)

Hey CC! Weird to see you on another thread lol. Yeah Bandits do the opposite I guess. They are super tightly tucked and they the tips are almost like dragon wings. Instead of laying flat, they fold under and it points her primaries back under and up. Never seen it before. She is still cute though. :)
I get on a lot of threads :). This RIR primaries flip out at the end, like someone ironed them that way. Odd, but neat.

Happy Easter from all my bantam Cochins!!!

I'm probably starting to annoy people but I really would like to know what this chick is. Got him/her from a feed store out of the "banty chick" bin. I have had suggest the following: SLW Cochin, Buff/Light Brahma and Columbian Cochin.

couple of days later

today

Today's pictures of Peepers.

The "feathers" on her/his legs are now black ;)

Last edited:
Today's pictures of Peepers. The "feathers" on her/his legs are now black ;)
If it is a Brahma then it will have a pea comb. I got a Brahma bantam from TSC from the asst. bantams. Here it is compared to the other 4 I got from TSC that are Cochins. Those pics are with the Happy Easter post. The first cochin was purchased 2 weeks prior to the others. Hope this helps.

I know everyone is curious about what they have. Doesn't much matter since they will change a bit at every molt. .Enjoy the journey and post pictures again when they are grown. Love some of the pictures.

Back
Top Bottom