Cochin Thread!!!

Okay I can't find anything about this and it's weird. I posted it before, but I'm not sure anyone knew what it was so Im posting it again. If you google anything about chicken wings you get recipes. Bandits winds are extremely tucked, like she has an extra joint on the end of them. I have never seen this before on any chicks. It doesnt seem to bother her and she flies just fine. Her wing span is pretty wide too.
She is by no means good quality, but she is very sweet. At least I think she is a she. 5 weeks old and not a hint of roo.

Right below my thumb is where it turns in and back under her wing. Her flight feathers are pointed back in the picture.

I have no intention of culling her. Just throwing that out there. :)

Absolutely beautiful, Craig!
love.gif

Question for Black Cochin.....in the 4th pic ? What color are those black and white birds?
Is that called Colombian?
Also there is a red roo in with them, is this what you are going to breed them too?
Do you have any pics of those black/whites as chicks???
They are extremely pretty!
Yes those are young Columbians. The Buff Columbian male in there was only about 3-4 months old. Those were not yet of breeding age in picture 4.

I am using 1 Buff Columbian male over a Columbian pullet as well as 2 Buff Columbian hens currently to get a few more BC pullets. When you have a variety like Columbian and Buff Columbian it is possible to breed for specific colored pullets also called sex linked. When a Buff Columbian male is bred to a Columbian hen you will get all female chicks to be Buff Columbian and the males will be culled as they have no value in any breeding program in my opinion. This allows me to get more female chicks out of my best birds. I can do the same in reverse Also can be done with Gold Laced /Silver Laced and Silver Penciled and Partri9dge. It is a tool in breeding that can be helpful but only if proper culling is done. Keeping the male chicks from a sex link cross should not be done.

If i did not explain that well enough please ask questions. Always glad to help.

The wet chick is a Columbian

The chicks below are Columbian at less than a week old

Columbians in with Partridge, Silver Penciled and Buff Columbians at about 4-6 weeks

Okay I can't find anything about this and it's weird. I posted it before, but I'm not sure anyone knew what it was so Im posting it again. If you google anything about chicken wings you get recipes. Bandits winds are extremely tucked, like she has an extra joint on the end of them. I have never seen this before on any chicks. It doesnt seem to bother her and she flies just fine. Her wing span is pretty wide too. She is by no means good quality, but she is very sweet. At least I think she is a she. 5 weeks old and not a hint of roo. Right below my thumb is where it turns in and back under her wing. Her flight feathers are pointed back in the picture. I have no intention of culling her. Just throwing that out there. :)
She looks to be a barred cochin. :)

Back
Top Bottom