Cochin Thread!!!

Cole

Sunshine

Snow White

Maybaline
Okay Cinder is 4 weeks and like 1 day old. Yours still look really young, and no wattle development. Are these the ones that hatched the same day as Cinder and my silkies?
Maybe these will be better pics to compare Cinder to. Sorry about my kids dirty hands they were playing outside when I asked them to catch the chicks for pictures.

Does anyone care what a Cochin is supposed to look like? I see birds posted that I hope are never bred.  Leg color and eye color and pattern all matter.  

Unfortunately ya can stress until ur blue in the face. It won't matter. I used to when it comes to miniature horses. I see things that folks breed that I would put down it it came from my stock. But there is nothing ya can do. I learned to keep to myself and just breed the very best I can.
I know it goes the same for all critters. In most times, folks don't know what an animal should look like or if a pet... Don't matter. As breeders of conformation and perfection... All ya can do is go on and keep doing what ya do in your own flock and that's all that matters, no matter the animal.
I know my birds are no comparison to urs but I will still breed them. I just learn as I go and try to better them as I go.
Don't stress it. Its not worth it. BUT I know how ya feel and totally know where ur coming from.

Last edited:
Does anyone care what a Cochin is supposed to look like? I see birds posted that I hope are never bred.  Leg color and eye color and pattern all matter.  

If you are referring to the chicks I posted, they are all mixed. In my original post about my Cochins I stated they were mixed. I decided to go ahead and let my broody Cochin hatch the eggs she was on. I am new to chickens and still learning but we use them for eggs and enjoy the Cochin breed. I am not selling these chicks as Cochins if I decide to sell them, they will be sold as a barnyard mix. Sorry if I have offended you and if it is not OK to post them on this thread I will not do it anymore.

Here's a hen with a bad leg I have. She's a pet and very healthy just has a disfigured leg. I didn't put her down. Lol :)
She's a great lil hen even with a handicap so I do have a heart I swear. Lol

Again I hope no bad blood here and PLEASE keep posting pics.
:)

Last edited:

Here's a hen with a bad leg I have. She's a pet and very healthy just has a disfigured leg. I didn't put her down. Lol :)
She's a great lil hen even with a handicap so I do have a heart I swear. Lol

Again I hope no bad blood here and PLEASE keep posting pics.
:)

She is very cute! And now that we are all cleared up with the mid understanding I'm all good on my end. No bad blood here :)

I hope you all keep posting pics. I only have partridge Cochin, no other colors. I like to compare your chick pics, to see what they develop into later. Sunshine had chipmunk stripes when she was first hatched, now starting to develop a partridge pattern, (not unusual),but I've never seen a partridge that was that light colored around the head. Cole has more typical partridge coloring. Keep posting pics!

Last edited:
My partridge chicks I believe if I remember correctly was a dark reddish brown with stripes. But usually I have solids mottleds or calicos hatch here with a few partridge so don't 100% remember.

But I do have 1 partridge hen and her mottled partridge daughter.

Last edited:
I picked up these two cuties earlier today and the woman told me they were both pullets, just one is older giving it the bigger comb/wattles. I am new to the whole backyard chicken thing so I didn't think anything of it, but not I feel that my gut was right and I have a roo and pullet. Also no idea how old they are. She said the little one is about 3 months and I can't remember how old she said the bigger one was. What do you think?

Back
Top Bottom