Cochin Thread!!!

Hi there.
Love the pics.
I personally would stick with the Cochin's if want to breed for chicks. But if want a few other breeds to own that are friendly then I recommend frizzles, silkies, and duccles.
Too me them are the best and friendly breeds and great with kids.
That all I own here. :)

There is absolutely no way you can predict what this bird will throw. Poultry color genetics are so complex that even if you define what color he "looks" like, you'd still have no idea what he is carrying/hiding. IF he's a splash, you'd at least know there is blue mixed in there somewhere, but you can't even know that for sure until you see his first offspring.

Guess I'll put a good cross section of hen breeds in different colors with him and see what I get....

TO: Kayla... and to all the other new cochin owners...

*WARNING*WARNING*WARNING*

This could happen to you as a newbie, very addictive and worse then potato chips! NO you cant have just 1! I warn all, you tell yourselves just a few, then a few turns into 2 dozen that tuens into 50 and then so on! You also tell yourself thers only room for x amount. You"ll eventually make more room! I know this by personal experiance! LOL
lau.gif

Ok, I am a tad confused, I bought my cochin at a local feed store 2 weeks ago and was told it was 4 weeks at the time and was a bantam. I also bought a 2 week old golden laced wyandotte. My question is, is it a large fowl or bantam. Here is a picture from today. Cochin is 6 weeks wyandotte is 4 weeks. (I also posted pics in this thread the day I got them)
Another picture. The feeders are the small ones from tractor supply. For size reference.
Can anyone help? Bantam or Standard? Thanks!

I'm gonna say either standard or a cross.

Or its older then you was told
because of how fast it is growing and the way it is feathering out I don't think it is older. It was about the size of the wyandotte when I got them 2 weeks ago. It's growing pretty quick. When I got it it didn't have all its feathers and still had a lot of baby fluff. So I think the age is correct the size is just throwing me off. I've never seen any bantam chickens in person and this is the only cochin I've seen in person so I really have no clue. Thanks!

Its not to bad. But I do work 2 jobs. And I wish only Cochin's was the only thing I am addicted to. I have a few other bad habits. Hint hint (mini horses and iris flowers) lol.

Back
Top Bottom