charlie05.jpg

lchick011.jpg

lchick012.jpg

MFCboy01.jpg

lchick09.jpg

mfcchicks05.jpg

charliegirl01.jpg

Quote:
Thanks for the compliment on my girlies but I haven't any extra ladies to sell and if I did I have so many people already asking for them that I would not have enough to share. I will be working on this project this year and will put test eggs up on a BYC auction when I hatch a few myself to test fertility and hatch rate.
And yes, they are bantams. I have only one pen of standards but about 10-12 breeding pens of different bantam Cochins. They are my love!
love.gif

And later, if you would like to trade eggs I would love to have some buff barred bantam Cochins.
Keep pestering me and I will get to it!
frow.gif

Well, I can be a pest when given permission
gig.gif
Sometimes even without it. That was foolish of me to ask you for a hen for gosh sakes, I knew you wouldn't have any to spare, but eggs, or chicks was what I had in mind. Eggs would be perfect. Are the cockerels mottled also, or is there a sex linked gene that goes with this.

Quote:
I have a young cockerel and I'll have chicks this spring or I can suggest someone to you if you'd like.

Before I tell you I've got that cockerel, I should ask you if you plan to show. He's not going to be show quality, but I'm almost certain he'll be very flashy and have good type.

No plans to show, but flashy with a good type sounds very nice! Any pictures?? Can you help me find a couple of hens? Thanks!

Quote:
I have a young cockerel and I'll have chicks this spring or I can suggest someone to you if you'd like.

Before I tell you I've got that cockerel, I should ask you if you plan to show. He's not going to be show quality, but I'm almost certain he'll be very flashy and have good type.

No plans to show, but flashy with a good type sounds very nice! Any pictures?? Can you help me find a couple of hens? Thanks!

Well if you like FLASHY!!! I actually have a very beautiful hen that won't make it as a show bird because she has WAY to much lacing. She is also the cockerels mother (I think). Time will tell as he colors out. Anyway, I'll take some pictures of them hopefully tomorrow if the weather cooperates. If the cockerel is out of this hen, I wouldn't breed them to each other simply because I think the color will end up muddy, not brown but just a bit of a mess. I think you would end up too far away from true birchen colors.
As far as another hen or two, I think I can help with that. I'll check with my friend and if he has anything, I'll let you know.

Quote:
They need work. They don't have the big round full cushion you want. And your first roosters comb isn't great. I wouldn't use him for breeding. If you don't want to start over I would cross them with some KILLER blacks and take those cross those together to get some better splashes keep doing this and you should get some nice birds.

Quote:
My roos have been too dark so far so I am going to introduce my white bantam roo over the hens and see if any roos from that cross will help the color to be more consistent.
As I said, I will offer some eggs for "testing" since I hatch so many chickens here and this year am adding ducks. I know I can manage 600 chickens by myself but more than that and I will have to hire help. Unfortunately, I am rather fussy when it comes to caring for my chickens and am hard to please. I ran an animal hospital for almost 20 years and it shows in my care of my animals.
I will start my own hatching in March. By June I will have about 80 on the ground, if I can help it!
barnie.gif

I will be glad to have help at someone else's place!

Quote:

Well if you like FLASHY!!! I actually have a very beautiful hen that won't make it as a show bird because she has WAY to much lacing. She is also the cockerels mother (I think). Time will tell as he colors out. Anyway, I'll take some pictures of them hopefully tomorrow if the weather cooperates. If the cockerel is out of this hen, I wouldn't breed them to each other simply because I think the color will end up muddy, not brown but just a bit of a mess. I think you would end up too far away from true birchen colors.
As far as another hen or two, I think I can help with that. I'll check with my friend and if he has anything, I'll let you know.

Thanks so much! Looking forward to pictures

Back
Top Bottom