Cochin Thread!!!

I imagine they would be similar to a cochin/silkie cross but without the possibility of dark skin and extra toes. Probably end up with a more squat looking polish with a smaller crest and crummy leg/foot feathering. I believe polish have someone jumpy personalities, so I don't think that would be an improvement. Both of them are awesome breeds on their own and their opposite body types make them very striking. I think a cross would be sort of blah in my opinion, aside from the normal distaste of combining breeds.

Hi I have a crop of Cochins growing out and just starting to lay..I think that being said it is time to pull out the culls or ones I believe will end up being culls. Would guys be willing to evaluate my birds if I present picture..I want honest even if it is harsh critiques...I don't want undesirable breeding stock and I am new to these little darlings..mine are all bantam. Nd while I doing pretty well my other breeds this is the first round of Cochins for us...I find e education happens quickly with reading and expert critiquing would y'all mind? There pics of about 8 birds for now.

Hi I have a crop of Cochins growing out and just starting to lay..I think that being said it is time to pull out the culls or ones I believe will end up being culls. Would guys be willing to evaluate my birds if I present picture..I want honest even if it is harsh critiques...I don't want undesirable breeding stock and I am new to these little darlings..mine are all bantam. Nd while I doing pretty well my other breeds this is the first round of Cochins for us...I find e education happens quickly with reading and expert critiquing would y'all mind? There pics of about 8 birds for now.

Absolutely!

If you want my honest opinion on a bird I will give it. What you do with that critique is up to you.

If you want my honest opinion on a bird I will give it. What you do with that critique is up to you.

Okie dokie, just need critiques or opinions...I can take it from there ( to cull or not)( you are not responsible) If there is something I don't get for some reason I'll let ya know! Thank you so much..:D pics coming right up!

Edited cause I thought I sounded kinda snotty NOT how I meant at all...:/

Last edited:
These are the pullets

Back
Top Bottom