Cochin Thread!!!

Here's my cochins they are both 9 weeks old and so sweet and loving !! We purchased the first one with the understanding it was a gl cochin ! However I think with the help of others on here its a cochin/silkie crossbreed ! Still not sure hen or roo ?

I think you are correct about Silkie in the mix for the first one. I think that the Barred bird is a cockerel. Comb too big and red for a 9 week old pullet.

I've heard Cochins are extremely friendly, but are they really any different than other friendly breeds? If you handle any chicken every day since birth, shouldn't they be friendly? Wouldn't the Cochin be just as friend as the others, or do they have the potential to be friendlier? Sorry for this dumb question, lol :)

Here's my cochins they are both 9 weeks old and so sweet and loving !! We purchased the first one with the understanding it was a gl cochin ! However I think with the help of others on here its a cochin/silkie crossbreed ! Still not sure hen or roo ?

Top one is a sizzle and a boy
The other is also a boy.

I've heard Cochins are extremely friendly, but are they really any different than other friendly breeds? If you handle any chicken every day since birth, shouldn't they be friendly? Wouldn't the Cochin be just as friend as the others, or do they have the potential to be friendlier? Sorry for this dumb question, lol :)

I've personally had LOTS of breeds throughout my life and yes most birds are friendly if handled enough. But what I've noticed is that most other breeds like to be dependent on themselves. I've seen that Cochin's seem to be dependent on me. They seem more clingy and always are way happy to see me. Other breeds where happy to see me but after a few minutes didn't care I was there. My Cochin's hate to take their eyes off me. I personally like it as it makes feel loved by a animal that most folks thinks is dirty and stupid. I adore my birds. They are my feather babies.

Back
Top Bottom