Cochin Thread!!!

Oh man, that stinks! The breeder said she would take him back. I picked them out trying to judge by the feather development but I guess that doesn't always work!

Mindy and Dianne you both have lovely birds. My single remaining Cochin has yet to lay at over 6 months old. I have not seen her in a box yet or let a cockerel near here.Big old Bluebell just flaps wings at Fester and walks over Lurch.

Mindy and Dianne you both have lovely birds. My single remaining Cochin has yet to lay at over 6 months old. I have not seen her in a box yet or let a cockerel near here.Big old Bluebell just flaps wings at Fester and walks over Lurch.

I have had Cochins lay in 6 months and I have had others not lay until 10 months old .

Thank you, my red cochin went back to the breeder last night but the gold lace is for sure a Pullet so I kept her. The breeder gave me 4 different breed chicks so hopefully I will get a few more Pullets out of the bunch!

Last edited:
I got my first Cochin egg yesterday!!! At least I think it was one of my Cochin girls who laid it, I do have an Australorp the
same age and I am waiting on her too. They are all 22 wks old. The egg is very light brown in color.
Anyhow, I was thrilled! My splash Blue Andalusian girl has been giving me an egg every day for the last week and a half. Her
eggs are white.

My big kids today. The blacks are 6 months now. Ronin and his girls Onyx and Ebony. The blues are a year and a half Blueberry , molting yuck lol, and Lavender, and their little one Cinder a splash that is around 2 months now. :)They aren't perfect but I love them.

Thank you, my red cochin went back to the breeder last night but the gold lace is for sure a Pullet so I kept her. The breeder gave me 4 different breed chicks so hopefully I will get a few more Pullets out of the bunch!
Wow, you have an exceptional breeder. Anyone who allows you to return and cockerel and take for chicks in exchange deserves a commendation. Usually when you buy chicks, you take your chances, but you're stuck with what you get. Then it's on you to figure out what to do with a male.

Back
Top Bottom