Cochin Thread!!!

Hey guys just starting my Cochin adventure here! I saw one lazily pants-ing its way around a property near my house and just needed some of that in my life. I got one as an after thought in an order of chicks i picked up. I have 2 sons and i told them they could each pick some chicks. My oldest picked a buff orp and a light brahma. My baby picked 2 black copper marans. I needed some more welsummers and i asked what the man had that was frizzled to even it out to 8 chicks. He pointed me at some frizzled calico cochins. So i got this beaut pictured (popcorn). Then my sons light brahma was doing not so great and passed away :( so i had to go to tractor supply to get him a replacement. You have to buy 4. I got him 2 buff rocks and got myself 2 tiny buff frizzle cochins. Yay cant wait to watch them grow!

Attachments

• 20200322_141929.jpg
    20200322_141929.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 7
Hey guys just starting my Cochin adventure here! I saw one lazily pants-ing its way around a property near my house and just needed some of that in my life. I got one as an after thought in an order of chicks i picked up. I have 2 sons and i told them they could each pick some chicks. My oldest picked a buff orp and a light brahma. My baby picked 2 black copper marans. I needed some more welsummers and i asked what the man had that was frizzled to even it out to 8 chicks. He pointed me at some frizzled calico cochins. So i got this beaut pictured (popcorn). Then my sons light brahma was doing not so great and passed away :( so i had to go to tractor supply to get him a replacement. You have to buy 4. I got him 2 buff rocks and got myself 2 tiny buff frizzle cochins. Yay cant wait to watch them grow!

Congrats - welcome to your new addiction! By new addiction I mean in addition to chickens. Cochins! Keep us updated with pics as they grow! I have calico as well. Here are a few of my girls.
20200316_105539.jpg WipeOut48_23_2020_104818.974000.jpg

adorable!!! Can't wait to see them grow!

Thanks so much guys! Love this thread i have seen so many beautiful cochins! I have a question though. If you look at popcorn next to the other chicks it looks a similar size, and the ones I got that were bantams are tiiiny. Do you think popcorn is a LF? The man I bought them from doesn't have calico cochin listed under anything but bantam, but I wouldn't say he is the most thorough list maker and he has tons of breeds and sizes. Those popcorn is next to is a welsummer who is 1 week older and a bcm of the same age.

This guy was in a batch of mixed frizzle cochin chicks. I guess he will grow up to be solid black? Are there mottled frizzles?
View attachment 2059732
Yes there are mottled frizzles but I have two solid black drizzled right now at basically the same age as your little guy and they look the same; mine have some white on the face, wings, chest etc, so yours could quite possibly be solid black as well. Guess we'll have to wait and see!

Back
Top Bottom