Cochin Thread!!!

Quote:
That's why I was asking. I noticed yours had red noticeable. That is why I came here .... to ask the experts.
lol.png

I am no expert on cochins and these were the hardest birds I have ever sexed. I had around 9 and I wasn't sure until they were about 6 months old.

Even the experts had trouble and got many wrong.

I think the way they walk is the best giveaway. Roos walk like roos and strut more than the hens. They hold themselves different

All mine had red wattles and combs and the size difference wasn't very noticable. Good luck and I hope you get better help than I could give you Kathy. But do watch the stance, it helped.

My guesses are roo- hen -roo -roo.

Quote:
Well, if you "back up" roo is a cochin, I might be interested in buying, depending on where you're located, and what his coloring is, if you decide you do want to sell him

Hi everyone. I was hoping all of you could help me with what pattern each of these bantam Cochin have. I had a little joke played on me but still have some wonderful little ones. Just they are not all mottled like I originally thought.

53024_imag0305.jpg

53024_imag0314.jpg

53024_imag0310.jpg

53024_imag0302.jpg

53024_imag0306.jpg

53024_imag0315.jpg

53024_imag0303.jpg

53024_imag0308.jpg

Thanks for all the help

Christal

Last edited:
Cochin Keepers,
I have a color question. Specifically regarding my Blue pullet. She is 4 months old. I have another older blue pullet that just started laying. The older girl is dark gray on the head and neck, then a lighter color on the body (with darker lacing). And this is what I'm used to seeing in pics. The younger girl is all dark gray colored. Is this normal? Will it change as she gets older? or is she just a dark "blue" color? Or is she considered a different color all together? She was hatched from eggs I purchased from another BYC memeber.
Thanks for your insight and help.
Robert
59584_blue_girl_3.jpg

59584_blue_girl.jpg

When i get home, I'll have to look closely, but I think the color in the hackle is just a flash reflection, because I've never noticed it before. I'll check on it though.

Quote:
Looks to be a dark Blue, but shouldn't have the foreign color in the hackle, whether dark or light.

Quote:
LoL, look at the white chick on picture #6 lower left corner...That is what I call "puttin you head into it" LOL It is have a good ol' dirt bath and lovin it.
lau.gif

Quote:
Germaine! NO, NO, NO ! ! ! I only want girls!
gig.gif
My freezer is already full of culls. I don't need any more!

Oh well, heck then. girl, girl, girl, girl
lau.gif
gig.gif
xoxo

Back
Top Bottom