Cochin Thread!!!

I don't think Central KY got much, but I might be wrong. I'm not sure the weather I was watching covered that area. I hope everything is OK there also.

Casey is in Kentucky, I believe around the central area. I haven't seen any posts from him so I'm hoping he's okay too
fl.gif

you're white/splashed boy is not a cochin, maybe he's a Marans. your girl looks to be a silver laced cochin. she doesn't have much for a cushion but her color looks clean to me. but i don't consider myself an expert on this and i'm sure there will be some other opinions on this.

Yes LaMar is a Maran. Pookey the cochin is fluffy but not a ball of feathers. I was thinking giant cochins might have been less fluffy/round than the mini''s. All the rounded cochins I've seen are the small one. Pookey is a little over 8 pounds. A big girl. I was wondering how the offspring between the two would turn out. So I have put her eggs in the incubator. I'm hoping for huge fluffy birds!

We got lucky too. 5 touched down around us. It flattened a marina and left trail of destruction for a long ways. We went for a little boat ride today to check out the areas still closed off. Lots of junk in the water. And a wide path of trees just snapped with the bases sticking up out of the ground like broken tooth picks. But no one was killed but lots of people got hurt. in my town over 50 homes damages and 19 gone just slabs or basements left. They are still doing house to house in the area. We do live in the country. It went across the main roar to my son's school and they had to reroute kids around. Lucky for me mine was sick and at the doctors office at the time. I would have freaked out. They where not letting people down the road. Took me over an hour to drive home. The whole time wondering if I still had a home. It was just crazy. Power and internet was down till 10 pm.

Gosh Peach, I had no idea they were that far south. So glad you are OK.

We got lucky too. 5 touched down around us. It flattened a marina and left trail of destruction for a long ways. We went for a little boat ride today to check out the areas still closed off. Lots of junk in the water. And a wide path of trees just snapped with the bases sticking up out of the ground like broken tooth picks. But no one was killed but lots of people got hurt. in my town over 50 homes damages and 19 gone just slabs or basements left. They are still doing house to house in the area. We do live in the country. It went across the main roar to my son's school and they had to reroute kids around. Lucky for me mine was sick and at the doctors office at the time. I would have freaked out. They where not letting people down the road. Took me over an hour to drive home. The whole time wondering if I still had a home. It was just crazy. Power and internet was down till 10 pm.

Peach, this might help you with your possible color combinations that could pop up from your crossing of colors. there are 4 different languages to choose colors from, one is English. select your roo's color in the column on the left, and the hen's color on the right, then click on the 'to chicken calculator' just off to the side of your selection. i find a second tab will pop up and it gives me the background genes of the parent birds you are using, you can change them if you know that anyone is hiding a color that you know of. at the bottom of that page you can hit the button to 'calculate crossing' and it will show you your color outcomes of the chicks.
http://kippenjungle.nl/Overzicht.htm#kipcalculator

looks like the chicks from your splash cross with the silver laced might be blues

My Lavender Cochin Bantam Project pen. Please tell me what you think and what you think I need to work on. I have alot of work ahead of me, but oh well. I need to get some really good blacks to put with these guys...err girls.. ;)

and...just had to add a picture of my Sizzle hen 'cuz she is so cute!

~ Aspen

My Lavender Cochin Bantam Project pen. Please tell me what you think and what you think I need to work on. I have alot of work ahead of me, but oh well. I need to get some really good blacks to put with these guys...err girls.. ;)

and...just had to add a picture of my Sizzle hen 'cuz she is so cute!

~ Aspen

Back
Top Bottom