Cochin Thread!!!

Here are more pics.

This is dad.. My son used him for showmanship in April. He was 5 months...

Http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/_kulali_/b041333e.jpg

This is mom... Same show. Julia won showmanship with her as well. She hatched last June.

Http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/_kulali_/745e1a2d.jpg

Http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/_kulali_/4333f352.jpg

Here is a pic this am of one baby in the sunlight. All 4 are identical....

Http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/_kulali_/fcd81972.jpg

Again I'm sorry for photobucket. I hope to get my laptop back today.... iPhone and iPads aren't the most compatible sometimes. Lol

Beth.

Last edited:
Here are more pics.
This is dad.. My son used him for showmanship in April. He was 5 months...
Http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/_kulali_/b041333e.jpg
This is mom... Same show. Julia won showmanship with her as well. She hatched last June.
Http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/_kulali_/745e1a2d.jpg
Http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/_kulali_/4333f352.jpg
Here is a pic this am of one baby in the sunlight. All 4 are identical....
Http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/_kulali_/fcd81972.jpg
Again I'm sorry for photobucket. I hope to get my laptop back today.... iPhone and iPads aren't the most compatible sometimes. Lol
Beth.
Love your pictures. Good birds!
Craig

You said the parents of your Black Rooster were both blue. As far as self blue. It is possible to have F1 blacks from a self blue x Black. Then when the F1 blacks are bred back to each other you would get some self blue 25%, 50% black not carrying the gene and 25% black that carry the gene probably. If the chicks feel are yellow you probably do not have self blue. When in doubt just let them grow up and the answer will come in time.
Craig
not mine...

My laptop is in the shop... But here is a link to a pic of my new babies on photobucket. These are from the black hen and black roo.... Blue, right? 4 blue one black?

Beth
this is the post i was responding to... and if both parents are black, how do you explain these chicks?

i'm fully aware of the genetics behind blue and self blue... that's the easy part.

Last edited:
Beautiful Funky Feathers!!! If you have been working on them 5 years by the time of the presentation, I would guess that could be ok, I will check on that. I think we are friends on FB? I will send you a PM.

Quote:
Thanks.... How did that mom and dad get those babies???
I'm still stumped.
i still think it's self blue... it's a recessive gene that can be carried by any bird any color. so it's quite possible someone bred a blue to a self blue somewhere along the line and ended up with blues/blacks that carry self blue.

I have heard that Cochin rosters are quite docile and friendly(even with each other) in comparison to other breeds, any one know if this is true?

Back
Top Bottom