Cockateils Thread- Albino-Pearl-Pastel-Silver and so MUCH MORE!!!!

Congrats on the parakeet! $5 sounds like a great deal. We have 2, both are boys. Do you know how to tell males from females? The cere above the beak (where the nostrils are) will be blue for adult boys, like these guys. On an adult female, the cere is tan to reddish brown, but sometimes yellow ones can be hard to tell.

Aquila and Lupin say howdy to Lemon!

Thanks for telling me if its a boy or a girl Lemon drop is a girl yay. Lemons says hi to Aquila and Lupin. Also she doesnt sing or do anything shes just sitting on one perch. She looks sad at the store they were bullying her so I took her she has alot of space and toys and food but seems so sad. Im thinking of getting another one. She is so inactive its pains me to see her this way. Can i put her with my cockatiels? I really dont thinks so the boy is aggresive and the girl is sitting on eggs and attacks everything.

I wouldn't put Lemon in with other birds yet. Just like with chickens, you should watch and wait to make sure he is healthy first. Also, one bite from another bird, especially a cockatiel, could really hurt or kill him. Lupin was out flying around on time and landed on the bunny cage. The bunny got scared and bit the parakeet on his foot and he lost so much blood he almost died. We took him to the vet and he had to have antibiotics too. So be careful. Birds will bite to defend their territory.

I got it shes a light blue mix of all the colors like a rainbow. Is it normal for them to just sit on one spot for a lot of time. How can i tame them they are so wild.

Patience and a lot of work. We got Lupin first and he was by himself and very willing to be friendly because there was no other bird to keep him company. He would perch on your finger and play Legos with my boys. Super friendly little guy. Then my other son, seeing how wonderful Lupin was, wanted a bird of his own, so we got Aquila. Unfortunately, he never got tame. He had no use for us with Lupin as a companion, and even Lupin has grown less friendly. At least they are happy and have company.

I took my younger son to a huge chicken show this weekend and he fell in love with the Seramas. We are thinking of getting some. What can you tell me about them? Do they make good pets? (I'm assuming you know since you are Serama Hen.
big_smile.png
)

Of course! Seramas are amazing beutiful little pets. They are so calm and fit almost anywhere. They can even be house pets and live in guinea pig cages. They are sweet and patient and will bond very close to you if raised from a baby. They are hard to hatch in an incubator and death rate is medium when babies. But once you get the hang of it itll be easy. I had a serama and gave it back due to not having space. But will definitly get more during early spring. They are perfect pets and your son will love them. You wont regret getting them ecpecially if you have a small backyard. But also they arent very winter hardy. But if you get 3 or 4 and alot of hay during winter theyd be fine. But even one is good enough. The laying rate is ok and the eggs are really cute. And if you have anymore questions about them id recommend the serama thread if you click my profile and lokk at my activity it will be there trust me getting one you will want more. They come in so many colors and there is not one line so every egg holds a suprise color. I recommend them 10000000000% even more!!! Any questions feel free to post here i dont mind.
big_smile.png

Also if you want a big dinasour rooster or hen you should look at the aseel. Some are tame and love their owners but are aggresive tword other chicken breeds. Your sone might like it. They are really sweet.

Back
Top Bottom