Cockateils Thread- Albino-Pearl-Pastel-Silver and so MUCH MORE!!!!

Ladybird12 send any and all advice you want to share my way.
Silkiechicken......wow, that is great!! How long did it take to teach him those tricks? I am going to share your video with the family.
Seremahen, I think my husband may be planning on surprising me with one for Christmas. I better start talking bout the re-homing idea.

Ladybird12 send any and all advice you want to share my way.
Silkiechicken......wow, that is great!! How long did it take to teach him those tricks? I am going to share your video with the family.
Seremahen, I think my husband may be planning on surprising me with one for Christmas. I better start talking bout the re-homing idea.

For most tricks, it took just a few sessions of 5-10 minutes to "get it" but it did take a few weeks to perfect it. Hardest part is communicating with her what I want. To keep her doing her best, I do try to run through all the tricks on a regular basis. Some things like "high five", "shake", or "eagle" I haven't really tried too hard to do, because the steps required to chain behaviors together don't jive with her usual self. She despises single fingers, fake step up's, and doesn't display often, so it would be harder to train. Feel free to share the video and look at the stuff on my youtube channel. There are some earlier videos where she was brand new at tricks.

Ih ave a question my friend has a lutino i have a pearl hes selling his for 30 dollars and it is a bit neglected people told me to be carful because the male and female will fight eachother and to keep them seprate is this true?

Thats an yes and no answer, its like two people meeting and either they are friends or ho hum freinds or the bond lo.even my vet would,say birds are like humans with relationships the fall badly in love, to well ok maybe we can be freinds lol. But all in all, give them a try you can have two cages close together and watch what they do, its going to take for the new bird (his /her timing) to get used your house. Also, when you bring your bird home keep them away from each other due to any kind of sickness, umm like 3 months now that's the proper way its either 3 months to 6 months before your new bird can meet your birds
I am just adivsing you the proper way when you get a new bird.
But here's some advise that could help that you can put to use. Two cages next to each other, then you can let them both out of there cages, and watch,leave them be, let them go on top of their cages, soon one will go and try to make friends, they have enough room to run if one of them decides to have a tiff lol.
More then likely the will not fight, if you watch sometimes they nip at each others toes. Then sometimes like your cockateil will put her head down in front of him (new bird) saying to him HEY SCRATCH MY HEAD NOW!!!!! LOL
But fighting as in killing No that is not going to happen, maybe missing feathers, or bloody toes that's very rare for a teils.
Sounds like a good deal, and who better then you can show this new guy about love and trusting humans Serama!!!!
go for it!!! :p

My friends came over today and we had so much fun my friends tried touching and carreing my tiel she hissed and bit i love her she soo cute. When im around friends i feel so happy and slowly after each left i felt so sad and went back to my sad state im known for being sad often it feel like im empty and forgotten sometimes. I know staying next to happy people will keep you from becoming depressed.

Back
Top Bottom