Cockatiel or budgie....?

MY COCKATIEL HE IS AGGRESSIVE AND WONT EAT ANYTHING BUT SEEDS AND WATER HE NEVER PLAYS WITH HIS TOYS AND HE IS NOT SICK HE PLUCKS HIS FEATHERS
HELP
sad.png

Hi-I have both a cockatiel and some budgies. I'd say that it's important to realize that cockatiels really are small cockatoos and need serious attention, so don't get a cockatiel if you think it might end up neglected. Also, their contact call is quite piercing and they bond to people readily (hence frequent contact calls). That being said, they are more rewarding if you do want that kind of relationship. They also live a long time, not as long as larger birds, but at least as long as a dog.

Male parakeets make delightful chattery sounds, while female vocalizations aren't as pretty. It's easy to get another one if the first one isn't getting enough attention.

I have both. Budgies are defiantly louder and way more high strung. Doves bite and wing slap. Chances are, you would never be bitten by a hand raised bird unless under huge amounts of stress or pain.

Our cockateil is very very very loud. Have you thought about a male lovebird? They are much more loving, quieter and less messy. I love both our birds but our lovebird is much better companion although our cocateil talks:)

Our cockateil is very very very loud. Have you thought about a male lovebird? They are much more loving, quieter and less messy. I love both our birds but our lovebird is much better companion although our cocateil talks:)

Not what i heard about lovebirds....i heard they are loud they screech and they are aggressive.

Quote: Lovebirds are very agressive if they have a mate. If they do not have a mate they mate with you and love you :) Our lovebirds chirp does not bother me but the constant screeching from the cockateil grates my nerves. I think each bird is different but our 5 year old cockateil screams ALOT!

Lovebirds are very agressive if they have a mate.  If they do not have a mate they mate with  you and love you :)  Our lovebirds chirp does not bother me but the constant screeching from the cockateil grates my nerves.  I think each bird is different but our 5 year old cockateil screams ALOT!

I had a pair of lovebirds. The hen started plucking then eventually died then I sold the male as their noise is irritating. So is tiels But I dont hear them as they live outside. :)

my budgies have always been far more personable than the cockatiels were, whether they were hand raised or not.

Back
Top Bottom