MohammadReza

In the Brooder
Feb 3, 2018
IR-IRAN
Hi, would you please tell me How long will it take for cockatiel's feathers to be completely grown? for my cockatiels are still bald, except the wings and tail, after a month. Is it different in different birds?

Attachments

• IMG_6404 (Copy).JPG
    IMG_6404 (Copy).JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 19
You might have a case of the parents plucking their chicks. It does happen. At two weeks the chicks should be covered in pin feathers that will have all opened out by a month old and the chicks should be ready to take off flying around that time. You may have to pull the chicks and hand feed them. At 4 weeks old they'll be fine being fed three times a day. It'll take a day or two to convince them your food is good. They will need hand rearing formula which you should be able to get at a pet shop.

If that is not a chick then it needs to see a vet because they can get a disease where they pluck them out until they wont grow back if this is a chick them remove it from the parents and give it a few weeks tiels are horrible parents when it comes to breeding and raising I had the same problem

If that is not a chick then it needs to see a vet because they can get a disease where they pluck them out until they wont grow back if this is a chick them remove it from the parents and give it a few weeks tiels are horrible parents when it comes to breeding and raising I had the same problem
Thanks for your advice. I've separated them and they're improving. The cockatiels are perfect at breeding part, but seems like they get more aggressive as their chicks grow.

You might have a case of the parents plucking their chicks. It does happen. At two weeks the chicks should be covered in pin feathers that will have all opened out by a month old and the chicks should be ready to take off flying around that time. You may have to pull the chicks and hand feed them. At 4 weeks old they'll be fine being fed three times a day. It'll take a day or two to convince them your food is good. They will need hand rearing formula which you should be able to get at a pet shop.
Hi, I've watched their parents' behavior and you were right; they were plucking the chicks. I've separated them and seems like their feathers are improving. THANK YOU MY FRIEND

in spite of the difficulties, they're so cute. I've many of them and the most interesting thing is that every one of them has a different personality!
I had one tiel that was very hand tame until a crow chased him off havent bought anymore since

Back
Top Bottom