Rescued! A cockatiel he’s fully feathered need tips

Saaniya

Crazy Chicken Mom
6 Years
Aug 31, 2017
New Delhi India
Hello there! Destiny is create circumstances that I need to rescue this cockatiel from a tree branches he’s stuck from hours screaming badly
When u reached and try to unwrap him from branches he bite me off hard! Now he’s home it’s been 72h since i rescued him he’s chirping loud (idk what is the meaning) when I go anywhere else he scream .

Second this I ordered some pellet which will arrive by 19th attached pic
Added foxtail millet in a bowl , fresh and clean water
Spinach , capsicum added
But he’s eating very less
His poop is looking normal but small
(Maybe he’s not eating enough)

don’t know his age but looks young like 2-3 months old
Please suggestions are welcome on how to care , vitamins , deworming , lice and mites
Diseases and common infections

Thanks in advance
Otherwise he’s very active but sleeps in few seconds

P.s it’s 45C throughout the day
We keep the air conditioner on because it feels like an oven

Attachments

• IMG_1821.jpeg
    IMG_1821.jpeg
    429.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1799.jpeg
    IMG_1799.jpeg
    448.4 KB · Views: 8
I’m glad you were able to rescue him!

Until the pellets arrive, try feeding him some cooked grains. I’d try some quinoa, and wild rice if you have it. You can try a mix of vegetables, chopping them very finely might help if he’s picky. It’s not a good idea for him to have all the millet he wants as it’s very high in fat, but if it is all he will eat until the pellets arrive then it’ll have to work.

The pellets you ordered aren’t the best option as they are very high in sugar, and don’t have vegetables, but I’ve heard that there aren’t a lot of options for bird care in India. I don’t know if that’s true or not, but I would try to find a pellet that contains more vegetable and less sugar.

Is an avian vet an option? He might be sick and that’s why he won’t eat. He’s probably very stressed also as he probably just had a traumatizing experience being outside, and now he is in a new environment.

If he screams when you leave he probably is comforted by having you around, and doesn’t want to be alone.

He would probably like it if you made him some toys he can shred so he doesn’t get bored, you could weave some strips of paper in between the cage bars for now.

Until the pellets arrive, try feeding him some cooked grains. I’d try some quinoa, and wild rice if you have it. You can try a mix of vegetables, chopping them very finely might help if he’s picky. It’s not a good idea for him to have all the millet he wants as it’s very high in fat, but if it is all he will eat until the pellets arrive then it’ll have to work.

The pellets you ordered aren’t the best option as they are very high in sugar, and don’t have vegetables, but I’ve heard that there aren’t a lot of options for bird care in India. I don’t know if that’s true or not, but I would try to find a pellet that contains more vegetable and less sugar.

Is an avian vet an option? He might be sick and that’s why he won’t eat. He’s probably very stressed also as he probably just had a traumatizing experience being outside, and now he is in a new environment.

If he screams when you leave he probably is comforted by having you around, and doesn’t want to be alone.

He would probably like it if you made him some toys he can shred so he doesn’t get bored, you could weave some strips of paper in between the cage bars for now.
Thanks for replying yes I will make sure what u said
I was searching many but this i found coming from USA that's why I ordered (😄)
But will find another one
He just wanted to eat foxtail only he chunks alot foxtail yesterday but drinking less

And yes no avian vets here all pathetic money grabber kill birds so i just don't take my birds or chickens to any vet

Back
Top Bottom