Cockeral or pullet. 20 weeks old mixed farm Chicken

I could just be seeing them everywhere cause I've been talking a lot about the breed lately, but could she be a blue laced red Wyandotte cross?
Doubtful. Thought not impossible. Her comb is a pea, not a rose or walnut, which is what I’d expect from that cross.

As for feathered legs, she could be a second generation Brahma mix. I’ve also seen plenty of hatchery birds with very few feathers on their feet.

Doubtful. Thought not impossible. Her comb is a pea, not a rose or walnut, which is what I’d expect from that cross.

As for feathered legs, she could be a second generation Brahma mix. I’ve also seen plenty of hatchery birds with very few feathers on their feet.
But still, very few things point that way.

Yeah, the pea comb doesn't really fit if the Wyandotte parent was bred to standard, but I have run across them (Wyandottes) with single combs from hatchery stock.

Well she's got slate legs and a pea comb, from what my poor eyes can see. What fits for that? My buff Brahma has yellow legs and a pea comb, but I don't know if dark Brahmas are different.

She does kind of have that "I'll kill you" Brahma stare going on, though.

motherclucker.png

Back
Top Bottom