Cockerel injured badly please help

Yes he eats and drinks as usual

Noticed he stopped roosting about a week ago he just lays on floor all day when he walks he seems a bit woobly

OK I'm going to do some straight talking here.

I don't see how he's eating/drinking normally at all.
Looks like he's probably lost at least one eye. What's the other one like?

Get rid of the maggots. Check inside his beak to see if there's maggots in there. Likely they are in his ears and in that eye on the right side.
Flush with saline, then flush some more. Put some triple antibiotic ointment on the head wounds.

Flush that eye out with saline and put some triple antibiotic ointment in that eye too.

For the beak, rub some vaseline into it, that will help soften up the dried on blood - wipe it off. Re-apply the vaseline to help keep that a bit moist. Wipe out the inside of his beak.

Work on hydration - he needs fluids. Electrolytes is fine or you can give some sugar water.
Vitamins - Poultry Cell, Poultry Nutri-Drench or similar. Something that contains B vitamins and E.
Once hydrated - give him wet chick starter.

You got any antibiotics? Amoxicillin would be good. If you don't have that, what do you have?

Those maggots have got to go. He's been worked over badly, he may not make it. Losing the eye is going to be a challenge for him if he turns up right after all this - some stags that have been beaten this badly at this age are never right.

Not sure what your goals are...culling that stag may be in his best interest and yours too.

If you are goin to treat him, put him where flies can't get onto him - they are going to keep laying eggs and you're going to be battling flystrike all the way.

Please don't think I'm being harsh. I've had beaten up birds, but none quite so bad. He may recover, but you are going to have to work with him several times a day flushing and cleaning that eye, applying ointment, getting fluids and food into him. If that's not something you can do, then cull him.

There is a walgreens and rite aid by my house what saline should i get for now any recomendations. Also getting vetericyn and antibiotics. The saline is a 2 minute walk the vetericyn and antibiotics is an hour drive so i will get saline rn and vetericyn in a couple hours.

OK I'm going to do some straight talking here.

I don't see how he's eating/drinking normally at all.
Looks like he's probably lost at least one eye. What's the other one like?

Get rid of the maggots. Check inside his beak to see if there's maggots in there. Likely they are in his ears and in that eye on the right side.
Flush with saline, then flush some more. Put some triple antibiotic ointment on the head wounds.

Flush that eye out with saline and put some triple antibiotic ointment in that eye too.

For the beak, rub some vaseline into it, that will help soften up the dried on blood - wipe it off. Re-apply the vaseline to help keep that a bit moist. Wipe out the inside of his beak.

Work on hydration - he needs fluids. Electrolytes is fine or you can give some sugar water.
Vitamins - Poultry Cell, Poultry Nutri-Drench or similar. Something that contains B vitamins and E.
Once hydrated - give him wet chick starter.

You got any antibiotics? Amoxicillin would be good. If you don't have that, what do you have?

Those maggots have got to go. He's been worked over badly, he may not make it. Losing the eye is going to be a challenge for him if he turns up right after all this - some stags that have been beaten this badly at this age are never right.

Not sure what your goals are...culling that stag may be in his best interest and yours too.

If you are goin to treat him, put him where flies can't get onto him - they are going to keep laying eggs and you're going to be battling flystrike all the way.

Please don't think I'm being harsh. I've had beaten up birds, but none quite so bad. He may recover, but you are going to have to work with him several times a day flushing and cleaning that eye, applying ointment, getting fluids and food into him. If that's not something you can do, then cull him.
Yes he eats and drinks fine as for hydration i have those save a chik electrolyte packets . and u say to use triple antibiotic ointment but earlier someone else said to use the regular one it works better than triple so which one? Getting saline right now either walgreens or rite aid any brand i should get. Vetericyn will get ina a hour or so have to drive for that.

There is a walgreens and rite aid by my house what saline should i get for now any recomendations. Also getting vetericyn and antibiotics. The saline is a 2 minute walk the vetericyn and antibiotics is an hour drive so i will get saline rn and vetericyn in a couple hours.
Get these at Walgreens.
Call your feed store to see if they even have antibiotics on hand.

1629220324762.png
1629220357467.png

1629220436506.png

u say to use triple antibiotic ointment but earlier someone else said to use the regular one it works better than triple so which one?
Link to that post? I have no idea what someone else is saying....
I'm telling you what I would do if that was my bird.

BTW - My avatar - Black X Sweater. Just sayin':)

Link to that post? I have no idea what someone else is saying....
I'm telling you what I would do if that was my bird.

BTW - My avatar - Black X Sweater. Just sayin':)
That person posted that here on my post earlier they said get vetericyn and and regular antibiotic ointment the reply is here on my post from earlier

For what it's worth, you will get some of the VERY BEST ADVICE on this forum from Wyorp Rock. If I were you, I would read their long post above (#22) VERY carefully and proceed accordingly.
That bird is in VERY rough shape and likely suffering quite a bit right now. Do what you feel is right, but be sure to consider the bird's condition and what its future might hold should it even survive this...

See they said get pressured sterile saline and the antibiotics. Walgreens also got the saline any recommend from picks

Attachments

• Capture+_2021-08-17-10-22-20.png
    Capture+_2021-08-17-10-22-20.png
    347.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 16292210394282135865485706358318.jpg
    16292210394282135865485706358318.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 1
  • 16292211751576612934569610144136.jpg
    16292211751576612934569610144136.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 16292215014526149249082386274915.jpg
    16292215014526149249082386274915.jpg