Cockerel or pullet!? Still cant figure out

May 17, 2023
Hey all! thanks for all your help on here every time I post. Been raising my flock for a few months now. I got everyone sexed and bought all pullets for the most part..... except for these two trouble makers who were bought straight run. They are not top of the pecking order they are number 2 and 3 for sure behind the top hen my barred rock. They always seem to take the biggest bites. Steal worms from everyone else. And force there way onto the roost in the middle of the rest. They refuse to be on the end. I just can't sex them. This because they are golden laced polish and easily one of the hardest breeds to determine sex. I know they may not be old enough yet. I have posted this same question every few weeks. Now their crests are really coming in and they have completely different style hair. One is perfectly swept back the other is like a forward Mohawk. Here's the best photos I could get.! Thanks for any thoughts and opinions ahead of time.

Attachments

• 20230606_174936.jpg
    20230606_174936.jpg
    881.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 20230606_174854.jpg
    20230606_174854.jpg
    722.3 KB · Views: 12
Hey all! thanks for all your help on here every time I post. Been raising my flock for a few months now. I got everyone sexed and bought all pullets for the most part..... except for these two trouble makers who were bought straight run. They are not top of the pecking order they are number 2 and 3 for sure behind the top hen my barred rock. They always seem to take the biggest bites. Steal worms from everyone else. And force there way onto the roost in the middle of the rest. They refuse to be on the end. I just can't sex them. This because they are golden laced polish and easily one of the hardest breeds to determine sex. I know they may not be old enough yet. I have posted this same question every few weeks. Now their crests are really coming in and they have completely different style hair. One is perfectly swept back the other is like a forward Mohawk. Here's the best photos I could get.! Thanks for any thoughts and opinions ahead of time.
Such beautiful birds!!!

Saddle feathers look rounded to me, so I think hens
Thank you for the reply. None of them have tried to vocalise yet. I do know that hens tend to have more neat swept back combs and roos have wild and crazy electrocuted look. So I always leaned toward the first photo and more golden one being a pullet but the second one always had me guessing. Such a weird hair style with that Mohawk. 😅

Back
Top Bottom