I'm no expert but I am fairly certain that image number 906 and 914 are roos. You can definitely see a much more developed comb and wattle on those two, and that is usually a pretty good indicator. Especially if they are all the same age. Also, why do some have pink feet and others have black? Are they mixes or just random genetics? I am super unfamiliar but very curious :idunno
Thank you for helping. Do you agree that the other 4 are pullets, for sure? As far as their legs, I don't know. They are dark gray legs and whitish pink legs. I was told they were orpingtons and americanas. But someone else on here says they aren't americanas at all. I'm so confused about these chicks now.

Ameraucana will have a pea comb. Yours are all Orpingtons. I believe the first is a rooster though I would wait for a crow personally. In my experience with lavender Orpingtons the females can develop bigger combs early. I believe the fifth one is a rooster as well. That one I'm a bit more certain on. The rest are pullets.

#1 and #6 (going off the picture order) appear to be your definite cockerels. :) It's entirely possible there are a couple others, since the breed is notoriously slow to mature.
In total agreement with above statements, they're all Orpingtons. No Ameraucanas in the bunch posted.

~Alex

Back
Top Bottom