Cockerels?

Sportsman94

Chirping
Mar 24, 2021
Central Georgia
2B41111C-890E-445D-A9BA-F8EB348D58D2.jpeg
32B70FE2-FA0C-4BAC-850A-D180DCCB21C2.jpeg

Well I finally got my run semi finished (enough to keep the chickens contained) so I had enough light to take some pictures. The previous owner hatched some chicks between his Rhode Island Red rooster and his hens (black maran and those island reds). I suspect that the bird in the first picture, and the two back ones in the second picture might be cockerels, but I have no idea what I’m talking about when it comes to chickens. I’ll try to get some better pictures this afternoon if necessary. Any help would be greatly appreciated

I'm not an expert by any means. Can you get more pictures of the three in the second picture? If they're 5 months old and pullets, they might be close to POL.

Yep. I will get some more pics this afternoon! Like I said, I know nothing about chickens other than they are cool and lay eggs. These RIRs just happened to have significantly longer tail feathers than the rest. And that led me to believe something may have been off about them!

View attachment 2778699View attachment 2778701

Well I finally got my run semi finished (enough to keep the chickens contained) so I had enough light to take some pictures. The previous owner hatched some chicks between his Rhode Island Red rooster and his hens (black maran and those island reds). I suspect that the bird in the first picture, and the two back ones in the second picture might be cockerels, but I have no idea what I’m talking about when it comes to chickens. I’ll try to get some better pictures this afternoon if necessary. Any help would be greatly appreciated
3 cockerels, & 1 pullet.

Back
Top Bottom