Cockoo Maran Died :-(

Quote:
No I think deworming them twice a year is what's recomended. You could try and give them some vitamins in their water or a little garlic for and immune booster. Just an idea... I do this with my birds and they love it! I also mix garlic onions and red pepper. I blend it in the blender mix it with oats and throw it out there and They eat it like candy! Crazy girls
smile.png

Sorry for the loss of your Marans.
hugs.gif
Just a thought, and seeing you are in CT. and I used to live there, how hot and humid has your weather been? Do they have enough cooler air getting into the coop at night? They may be nesting in the shavings trying to cool off, as we all know heat rises. Just a thought. It's very hot and humid here in Missouri, and my Marans are all panting, even in the shade. I had a mister going in the run yesterday, and wet down the soil under my deck where the free rangers go to get out of the heat. Good luck.

Quote:
It really hasn't been too terribly hot here. Maybe a little humid. At night it's getting down into the upper 50's low 60's. During the day it's been maybe 80. The coop is completely open at the eaves in the front and back. Front faces East. (wire clothed in, of course) So ventilation should be good. And all the other girls have been roosting just fine at night. Thankfully, everyone looks good this morning. We're leaving on vacation in a couple hours and REALLY hope we don't have any repeat of yesterday with my poor girl! My neighbor has experience with chickens and will be stopping over twice a day to check in on them and our dogs.

Back
Top Bottom