Coconut bedding?

Erinnlyn

Songster
Aug 21, 2022
Mid-Missouri
Hi,
Has anyone used something like this coconut fiber bedding for chickens? It says it's for reptiles and other burrowing animals, but I though it might work in the coop. This particular one says it expands to 20 liters of product and it weighs 11 lbs. It's $24.99. It seems like it would be very similar to the coffee bedding some people love so much, but cheaper. I'd just worry that my goofballs would sit there and eat it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240221_084423_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240221_084423_Chrome.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 19
I use coffee bedding and I was worried at first that my chickens would eat it. They don't really take any notice to it. When I first lay it down they'll eat a couple of chunks, but then they start pooping in it and they don't bother with it. I'd imagine it'd be the same with the coconut bedding.

I use coffee bedding and I was worried at first that my chickens would eat it. They don't really take any notice to it. When I first lay it down they'll eat a couple of chunks, but then they start pooping in it and they don't bother with it. I'd imagine it'd be the same with the coconut bedding.
Thank you for sharing. I'll do a little more research on the coffee and coconut! Thanks:)

Back
Top Bottom