Coffee ground bedding where to buy

Savannahbeau

Hatching
Jul 11, 2022
I've used the rural king brand coffee ground bedding since I started my coop. I am very happy with it. However, it seems like its completely out of stock everywhere right now. I even messaged the company Grounds Power by Coffee to see if they still make it but I never got a response. Does anyone know what might be going on with this product? I don't see a similar product anywhere when I look online. Product link below:
https://powerbycoffee.com/

It seems to be a seasonal product, or at least not readily producible so not available as constantly as we would desire.
Some folks gather(from coffee shops) and dry their own.

I've used the rural king brand coffee ground bedding since I started my coop. I am very happy with it. However, it seems like its completely out of stock everywhere right now. I even messaged the company Grounds Power by Coffee to see if they still make it but I never got a response. Does anyone know what might be going on with this product? I don't see a similar product anywhere when I look online. Product link below:
https://powerbycoffee.com/
I reached out to Rural King and they said that it is in high demand and that they are shipping it to their stores as soon as they get it. I check every day online at our local store to try to catch it when they get it. But they have been out for 3 weeks now.

I reached out to Rural King and they said that it is in high demand and that they are shipping it to their stores as soon as they get it. I check every day online at our local store to try to catch it when they get it. But they have been out for 3 weeks now.
Our Rural King in Dothan, AL told us yesterday that they only receive 1 Pallet on a shipment and as soon as it arrives a customer will call and buy the whole pallet, so it sounds like they would prefer to sell it that way instead of having to stock the shelves

Being new to the chicken thing, I have never heard of using coffee grounds. What are the benefits? What are the drawbacks?

Being new to the chicken thing, I have never heard of using coffee grounds. What are the benefits? What are the drawbacks?
I haven't found any drawbacks to it. It helps minimize smell and you can scoop out the poop very easily with a kitty litter scoop. I scoop out the coop once a day and it takes me probably 10 minutes. It's also a good way to "recycle" the coffee grounds, if you're into that kind of thing. I've never bought any, though. I just dry my own grounds and use that.

Back
Top Bottom