codes in Kingston, ny?

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by sweetkingston, May 3, 2009.

1. sweetkingston

sweetkingston New Egg

May 3, 2009
    I am looking for any information rules for chickens in Kingston, NY. Thanks. Oh and I am obviously new.

2. SallyAnn

SallyAnn New Egg

May 5, 2009
    I unfortunately don't know about Kingston, but do you have a local source for chicks, or would you be interested in sharing an order?

Thanks!

3. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    What "town" do you live in? Or county? Google that and then check for zoning and codes or ordinances. Oh and one other thing, different parts of a town can have different zoning regulations. So they can vary by "address".

Last edited: May 5, 2009
  4. sweetkingston

sweetkingston New Egg

May 3, 2009
    Thank you. I ran searches for codes and didn't find it. Looked at zoning and found it. It looks like as long as they are confinedsithin fencing to prevent them getting away I'll be ok. Probably won't start this spring as I'm not prepared but might be ready by next spring.

5. SandraMort

SandraMort Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 7, 2008
    ny
    HIHIHI!!!! I'm in Kingston, too!! What are you planning to raise? What have you learned? I couldn't find any information online. I only have room for coturnix, though.

Sandra

6. SandraMort

Jul 7, 2008
    ny
    Oh, duh. You said chickens. Sorry.

Where in Kingston are you? My midtown Kingston yard is about 18 inches by 12 inches!!!

7. SandraMort

Jul 7, 2008
    ny
    I'd love to see the actual laws that you found, if you kept the links, in case it covers quail.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by