Just returned from the vet's office. 'Dale' has been having urinary tract issues. I thought perhaps a prostate problem - he should be that lucky. Prostate is fine, no bladder stones, on X ray bladder wall is greatly enlarged. Possible infection or malignancy. Sent blood and urine off for analysis and started treating with Amoxicillin. Vet is concerned - me too.

Sour You have my prayers.

Hope everything comes out negative.

Received a call from the vet. He already received the test results, and all is normal. Not what I wanted to hear. I was hoping for a raging bladder infection. We will keep Dale on antibiotics, I'll monitor and call vet on Thurs. If there is no improvement, I will take him in, and they will anesthetize him, pump air into his bladder, and X ray looking for possible tumors. The good news is that he thinks he is fine. Yesterday he was somewhat depressed both before and after the vet visit. I mentioned this, and the vet said there is the outside possibility that there was a stone that was dislodged during the catheterization. That might explain the bleeding that took place. :fl

Received a call from the vet. He already received the test results, and all is normal. Not what I wanted to hear. I was hoping for a raging bladder infection. We will keep Dale on antibiotics, I'll monitor and call vet on Thurs. If there is no improvement, I will take him in, and they will anesthetize him, pump air into his bladder, and X ray looking for possible tumors. The good news is that he thinks he is fine. Yesterday he was somewhat depressed both before and after the vet visit. I mentioned this, and the vet said there is the outside possibility that there was a stone that was dislodged during the catheterization. That might explain the bleeding that took place. :fl
I'm glad the test results were ok. I know you didn't want to hear that, but it could have been much worse. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom