Morning all Peep good to see you How are you?

Thanks for asking! Dealing with a few health issues which are resolving and I've just been uber-busy. We have a construction job going on in the house -- two bathrooms being remodeled simultaneously -- and it is the project that just keeps on giving and is VERY disruptive to our lives and schedules. The noise! The dust! The insanely early hour they show up, which means I'm up even earlier to get chores done. Supposed to be a two-week ordeal, but we're into the third week and I'm predicting a bleed over into the next one.

We're into monsoon season and all the extra water has made the weed population pop. I swear just two weeks ago I cleared a swath in the veggie compound and now it's got all sorts of spurge where before I had pulled out goat heads. It feels like a tag team wrestling match where one goes out and another comes in. Looked at the corner of the property and there was a 3-foot tumbleweed growing that wasn't there earlier but decided to take root. (I've never seen a green growing one before, just the brown ones that scoot across the road.)

We had a funny situation where I laid down for a nap and awoke to a little pop-up storm cell that was directly over our house. I looked out the window at the howling wind and slamming rain and could see blue sky all around. A friend down valley captured it on film.
"How come I'm the only one it's pouring on?" Gotta love those microbursts!

microburst.jpeg

I dug about 1/4 of our potatoes today, and got quite a few. :yesss: Since we had that rain, the weeds were pulling out very easily, so I dug all the weeds that were by those particular potato plants. Wish I had the time and energy to dig all the crabgrass that rings the garden.

DH is enjoying his retirement. He certainly seems more relaxed and cheerful. :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom