Wowsers, what a late start this morning. I think I'll make a cup of mocha shortly.... But, it's a slightly different way. I'll use carob powder instead of cocoa powder.

So, I've an observation / question for y'all:
This pandemic has really put a stop to almost all compassionate neighborly behavior I was raised with and taught to share. How do you feel about this self observation?
I'll kick the horse. I live in an area of city idiots that moved to the country for the country life, but brought their city attitude and reclusiveness with them. They expect things to be done for them, don't say thank you, are anti-livestock, come home and shut the door behind them and never work on their property or hire someone to come out and do it-which costs 80$ and up extra for people to come out here. So their houses are falling down around them as they don't want to pay the $$.
My other favorites are the ones that think that because they're in the country, there are no rules at all. ATVs and dirt bikes, racing up and down the roads, through pastures, dogs allowed to run wild, teens driving through fields. Burning trash without checking wind direction. Wild parties- yes, they're still having them. Insane.

This is not the countryside I was raised in;common sense and common courtesy seemed to have died.

I'll kick the horse. I live in an area of city idiots that moved to the country for the country life, but brought their city attitude and reclusiveness with them. They expect things to be done for them, don't say thank you, are anti-livestock, come home and shut the door behind them and never work on their property or hire someone to come out and do it-which costs 80$ and up extra for people to come out here. So their houses are falling down around them as they don't want to pay the $$.
My other favorites are the ones that think that because they're in the country, there are no rules at all. ATVs and dirt bikes, racing up and down the roads, through pastures, dogs allowed to run wild, teens driving through fields. Burning trash without checking wind direction. Wild parties- yes, they're still having them. Insane.

This is not the countryside I was raised in;common sense and common courtesy seemed to have died.
Seems those new neighbors we've had move in are kin to yours described above.
The ATV's on the streets at all kinds of fast. Rarely with helmets.

However I feel that common sense & courtesy arn't dead yet. Other situations I experience routinely hold me to this..... My eternal optimystic side is alive and well still.

Back
Top Bottom