French Roast perking.

Yesterday was rain. Today sunny and eventually 73, but right now in the 40's. Hoping to churn some amendments -- mushroom compost and steer manure -- into long rows so as to be able to plant assorted tomato and pepper starts later this weekend. Also picking up some eggplant starts today at the local farm stand.

I was up at 0700 and out the door by 0830. Dropped my husband off at therapy. I continued on to the store and picked up some grocerys that I needed.

Then I was off to TSC to pick up some chicks. I bought six RIR, six Barred Rock, and four Golden Links.

I have always had ISA Browns, although they have not had any so I decided to get out of my rut and try other breeds.

Have a good day one and all!

Water, tea, and condiments are ready for your enjoyment.

Have a great day!

Last night at lockup I got a scare when my old Faverolles Tezza didn’t come in with the others. I found her in a pile in the corner of the garden, Breathing but not responding to me. I picked her up and carried her into the coop to assess the damage. I could find nothing wrong so I put her down and she just looked at me like what the heck you crazy woman you ruined my dust bath! I would put the laughing emoji here and the one under the chair but I can’t get them to work today.

Back
Top Bottom