Do you have Iberian Lynx in your area Shad? They are so beautiful ! I saw a pair of Lynx once in Florida when we lived there.
Not this far North Cap. A hundred years ago I believe they went North as far as Southern France. A lot of wildlife got killed and eaten when Franco pushed the retreating Catalans and International Brigade up through Catalonia and into France. Just about everything edible got eaten by the retreating soldiers.
Part of the reasoning behind the string of National Parks here is not just to preseve the land but to also encourage wildlife.

This is the next non chicken project. All the Stock Net fencing I put up (8 years ago) including making the gate on the very right of the picture. Because of the wind here gates need either tie backs, or offer minimum wind resistance.
The main house disappeared off on a Saturday morning and arrived with some bits of plank, a badly pre-made picket gate and a couple of square posts looking very pleased with themselves.
I left them to it. I've been there before. Well, what they made is what you see hanging on the side of the sheep shed.:rolleyes:
Those of you with an eye for construction will immediately notice the gate post isn't upright. Consequently the gate cant be bolted with the current bolt. The 'fence' bit is meant to keep a dog out. The accepted practice now is to tie the gate to the striker post with a bit of string. :DThe fact there is a gap between the fence post and the existing Stock Net fence wide enough to walk through, albeit sideways, seems to have escaped their attention.
After the incident with the two huskies, I couldn't let this continue and had to point out that a drunk blind man could have done a better job. This didn't go down well as you might imagine. One doesn't like to have ones work criticized.:p:D

P2162527.JPG

I've got a young cockerel that keeps getting in a nesting box, scooching himself around to make a hollow and then trying to coax a hen in with him to see what a great place that is to make babies. None of them are falling for his fast talk except for one little stupid hen I call Pumpkin who is sweet and gentle but as dumb as a bag of rocks. I keep catching her in with him...poor naive girl that she is to the wily ways of the males of the species....any species....;)

Good evening all. I'm too late for coffee. But I got a lot done outside this morning. About 80% of the snow is gone so I was out getting my nets back up and enjoying the fresh air while trying to ignore the mud which will be around until April or May.

I never did find my mouse nest. Took all the nesting buckets off the shelf, no mouse, poked around the bedding, no mouse. Maybe it got tired of me hassling it or Minnie Mouser got it, which I hope.

Back
Top Bottom