View attachment 2031065

Frankie is 2 today. He's not awake yet, can you tell he's thrilled to get his pic taken first thing in the morning?
What a sweet face. I'd guess he was still an adolescent instead of 2.

Frankly I've always suspected that being on a forum for some folks makes them think that they have a free ticket to be as rude and abusive as they want to be. And yes, I think narcissism does figure into the mix.

I've ran into less of that on BYC because of the excellent job that the Mods do, and yes, the members self moderate themselves and others.

If I'm on a thread in the social section like the Old Folks Home for instance, I expect to see the conversation deal with the aches and pains of being older along with subjects geared towards those of us who are shall we say, a bit long in the beak🐓

But I also see a lot of legitimate threads dealing with chicken problems drift into the personal that has nothing to do about the original question or problem.

Possibly, the advent of Facebook and Twitter has something to do with that. Not good but unavoidable with today's youth.

Possibly the same reasons people make detailed threads about their personal struggles that have absolutely nothing to do with chickens.
I think a lot of people are lonely and have no one to talk to. Doctors don't want to take the time to really listen to our struggles.

What a sweet face. I'd guess he was still an adolescent instead of 2.

Frankly I've always suspected that being on a forum for some folks makes them think that they have a free ticket to be as rude and abusive as they want to be. And yes, I think narcissism does figure into the mix.

I've ran into less of that on BYC because of the excellent job that the Mods do, and yes, the members self moderate themselves and others.

If I'm on a thread in the social section like the Old Folks Home for instance, I expect to see the conversation deal with the aches and pains of being older along with subjects geared towards those of us who are shall we say, a bit long in the beak🐓

But I also see a lot of legitimate threads dealing with chicken problems drift into the personal that has nothing to do about the original question or problem.

Possibly, the advent of Facebook and Twitter has something to do with that. Not good but unavoidable with today's youth.
Thank you, he does still have that baby face. And the personality to go with it.

and yes, the members self moderate themselves and others.
I've participated in online discussion groups, bulletin boards, email lists, forum for a couple of decades.
Self moderation and discussion etiquette has greatly lessened with the advent of web access via phones.
Kinda like texters meet old computer 'nerds'.

Good morning, all! A balmy 2° this morning. Apparently it was a good time for the pellet stove to break. Woke up and it was 59°. So I get to work and I'm wondering why it's so cold...the boiler is out and it's 59° :thWhat are the odds?? Funny how if it was that temp outside it'd be so nice, but not when it's inside!
Crazy! Try to stay warm today Meg. Thanks for the puppy compliment!

Back
Top Bottom