This is why I will not be getting more dogs or a cat when the ones I have pass. I will just have one Dobie and my chickens.
The vet I used for decades was very reasonable and affordable and everyone in the area was on a waiting list trying to become a client.
Then the owner retired and sold the practice. Up went the prices so the new ownsers could expand the practice and double the size of the staff and building. I'm not so convinced the quality of the care doubled with the size & staff. They are, after all, refusing to do the surgery when the original vet did the same surgery just over 2 years ago to remove that last two MCTs. And her heart was bad then and she wasn't on the Sotolol. Her cardiologist at Cornell said she would give an anesthesia protocol if required.
When I was showing dogs in Canada, I had a great vet. We had a great relationship. He's likely dead by now. I get that they have expenses, but prices have gone nuts.

Yep, that's the one. I see it's on sale :rolleyes: Buy high, sell low. That's my motto :gig
So tempting, but I don't need another coat.
I like the two way front zipper.
Hand warmer pockets look a bit high?

Just reminiscing, best rain coat I had was goretex with pit zips, prefect for hiking in the rain in summer. Was REI brand I think. Finally had to give it up as it just was waterproof anymoreafter 20 some years.

So tempting, but I don't need another coat.
I like the two way front zipper.
Hand warmer pockets look a bit high?

Just reminiscing, best rain coat I had was goretex with pit zips, prefect for hiking in the rain in summer. Was REI brand I think. Finally had to give it up as it just was waterproof anymoreafter 20 some years.
I like the two way zipper as well. Whatever brand they use, every coat should have that! Very smooth, never sticks, easy to get started. Can't comment on those pockets as I haven't used them. I'll have to try and see...

I think the kids and husband have had gore tex boots before. For hunting? Good brand, as far as I know.

She's a min pin. I think the average age is 15 years. I'm really on the fence with this.
This is why I will not be getting more dogs or a cat when the ones I have pass. I will just have one Dobie and my chickens.
The vet I used for decades was very reasonable and affordable and everyone in the area was on a waiting list trying to become a client.
Then the owner retired and sold the practice. Up went the prices so the new ownsers could expand the practice and double the size of the staff and building. I'm not so convinced the quality of the care doubled with the size & staff. They are, after all, refusing to do the surgery when the original vet did the same surgery just over 2 years ago to remove that last two MCTs. And her heart was bad then and she wasn't on the Sotolol. Her cardiologist at Cornell said she would give an anesthesia protocol if required.
Let her go DL. Make it as comfortable for her as you can but don't prolong her life because the technology and medicines are available.
You have more than enough to deal with as it is. There comes a point where you have to look to what you can realistically manage without doing harm to yourself.

I like the two way zipper as well. Whatever brand they use, every coat should have that! Very smooth, never sticks, easy to get started. Can't comment on those pockets as I haven't used them. I'll have to try and see...

I think the kids and husband have had gore tex boots before. For hunting? Good brand, as far as I know.
I used to have a Barbour waxed cotton jacket and that was a good jacket.

Back
Top Bottom