I noticed I have lost my sense of taste. My friends said I never had good taste judging by the men I fancied. They were just jealous I'm sure. Today I notice nothing tastes right not, even cake, candy, and favorite foods.

A lady working the take out window at one of our favorite restaurants, said she couldn't "smell" anything anymore. My brother said that is a symptom of the virus. Is that true or is he BSing me ?. If so I would imagine losing a sense of taste is another symptom.

BTW "they" say that paper money can harbor the virus for hours and you should pay with charge cards only. I don't have one. Guess I'm out of luck.:idunno Also that the virus can hang in the air for some time. Maybe Sour& Princess should use an umbrella when walking.

BTW if you are still bothered by gnats I have at least a dozen unopened gnats sticks (from when I hybridized plants). They are self standing and NO poison just very sticky yellow material - yellow attracts gnats best but, they also would pull in mosquitoes, plus some intrusive wasps.& sometimes ladybugs.

Last edited:
Well if I have it, it will live and die with me. TBH I never thought I would live this long - galloping toward 73 this July ( day before your B-day Sour) and I am tired of it truly. I've seen enough in my life and don't think I want to see anymore. My friends have died years ago and I can't figure out why? Every time I google a friend or acquaintance from years ago - it ends with an obit.

My son calls me every Sunday except when he and his girlfriend are galavanting around. Disney and air travel suspensions have kept them at home. NOT my fault.

Son is the one that said he would call every Sunday - I guess to figure out if I died or not. Well this past Sunday he was so crabby about talking beyond a couple minutes, I told him he could just email now and then. Short message like "we are still alive" or something. Good enough for me.

I don't know why he was so peed off, I didn't ask him to post any comics or photos on BYC for me. Didn't ask for anything. My mother's favorite response to us (kids) was " HAVE KIDS, THAT'S THE THANKS YOU GET!!!" She was right on the money with that.

Do you really think dogs go heaven? I hope that's where mine ended up.

I noticed I have lost my sense of taste. My friends said I never had good taste judging by the men I fancied. They were just jealous I'm sure. Today I notice nothing tastes right not, even cake, candy, and favorite foods.

A lady working the take out window at one of our favorite restaurants, said she couldn't "smell" anything anymore. My brother said that is a symptom of the virus. Is that true or is he BSing me ?. If so I would imagine losing a sense of taste is another symptom.
It's true, the virus can do that.

Well if I have it, it will live and die with me. TBH I never thought I would live this long - galloping toward 73 this July ( day before your B-day Sour) and I am tired of it truly. I've seen enough in my life and don't think I want to see anymore. My friends have died years ago and I can't figure out why? Every time I google a friend or acquaintance from years ago - it ends with an obit.

My son calls me every Sunday except when he and his girlfriend are galavanting around. Disney and air travel suspensions have kept them at home. NOT my fault.

Son is the one that said he would call every Sunday - I guess to figure out if I died or not. Well this past Sunday he was so crabby about talking beyond a couple minutes, I told him he could just email now and then. Short message like "we are still alive" or something. Good enough for me.

I don't know why he was so peed off, I didn't ask him to post any comics or photos on BYC for me. Didn't ask for anything. My mother's favorite response to us (kids) was " HAVE KIDS, THAT'S THE THANKS YOU GET!!!" She was right on the money with that.

Do you really think dogs go heaven? I hope that's where mine ended up.

@drumstick diva

I turned 75 (or quarter of a century) Tuesday April 7. I'm anxious to see what the next 25 years have in store for me. My husband will be 74 July 23. Of course when I was young I thought 30 was old. I feel really old at times and then I feel younger at times. I have lots of projects that keep me busy. The chickens really keep me busy. I spent my whole morning working in the coop and run. Moved the shavings toward the front of the coop, gave them a new bail of shavings, took all the poop boards down for cleaning and a new form of attachment, installing my 2 DIY feeders, moving the waterer to a secure place, and adding sand to the run. This and the 2 doxies are what keeps me going.

Back
Top Bottom