Morning all!

Up early due to twitchie dog on the bed. Got today's watering chores done, so spending the weekend doing taxes which were put off due to dog Norman's death. (Accountant agrees that tear-stained receipts are less than optimal).

Veggie compound is plodding along. Harvesting the winter/spring cabbages, radishes and bok choi and plunking the pepper and tomato starts into the ground and setting up irrigation to same. So happy to have the hoop rows as thus far -- knock wood -- tender seedling aren't being lumberjacked.

For some reason hatched chicks have been predominantly cockerels by a ratio of 2:1. Looking forward to this last batch matriculating out of the garage brooder so I can park the car inside during the heat of the summer. Will resume hatching Fall-ish.

That's about it from here. Paperwork beckons...

Morning all!

Up early due to twitchie dog on the bed. Got today's watering chores done, so spending the weekend doing taxes which were put off due to dog Norman's death. (Accountant agrees that tear-stained receipts are less than optimal).

Veggie compound is plodding along. Harvesting the winter/spring cabbages, radishes and bok choi and plunking the pepper and tomato starts into the ground and setting up irrigation to same. So happy to have the hoop rows as thus far -- knock wood -- tender seedling aren't being lumberjacked.

For some reason hatched chicks have been predominantly cockerels by a ratio of 2:1. Looking forward to this last batch matriculating out of the garage brooder so I can park the car inside during the heat of the summer. Will resume hatching Fall-ish.

I’m sorry about losing your dog Peep. Your garden sounds fabulous, I have planted nothing so far and I blame everything but myself. Lol

Morning all!

So sorry about your Norman. We’re your chicks incubator or broody hatches? Just curious if temp/ humidity affect gender development.

Morning all!

I am SO! sorry about your loss. We LOVE dogs and it leaves such a hole in all that is going on in a day to turn and.. our buddy is not there. I too have been getting the gardening done, good luck with the paper work

Back
Top Bottom