Coffee Drinkers.........spill The Beans.

Quote:
Couldn't live without my Bunn coffeemaker. I can't wait 15 min. for a cup of coffee!!
barnie.gif
he.gif
rant.gif
somad.gif

Quote:
FRAP MACHINES??? WHERE THE HELL CAN I GET THOSE????
droolin.gif

If you have a Target near you, that's where we got ours, $90 but worth every penny
Got Mom hooked on it, and she won't drink coffee, but she
love.gif
the Mocha Frapp's, especially the way I make them...

Last edited:
I hate chicory in my coffee, dh likes it. He makes coffee on the weekends and I do weekdays; so we each get what we like part of the week. The rule is first one up makes the coffee. I like the mornings when he runs because I have coffee waiting when I get up.

I wonder what the drop in productivity would be if coffee was banned?

Good old Eight O'Clock brand either original their Columbian. Will grind it ourselves and keep it in the freezer. Brew it in a traditional stove top percolator and I like it strong with a bit of brown sugar and sometimes bourbon.

Well I must be the poor white trash cousin of this thread, because I buy whatever is cheapest/on sale at my local Kroger...
tongue.png
Frequently that is the Kroger brand. DH is SO happy when his team at the company he works for gets a visit from a few guys from the Cental American plant, because they always bring him a bag of "the good stuff."

Ultimate treat is making stove top espresso on the wood stove served with honey and cream and spiked with "Jailor Serry's" on a cold night in front of said wood stove.
wink.png

The Kirkland brand at Costco is good. If you like a dark roast, the Sumatra is really good. I get the whole bean, I don't know if it comes already ground. I know people complain about Starbucks tasting burnt. I have had great coffee from Starbucks and crappy coffee from Starbucks. I guess it is the luck of the draw. But soon the Christmas Blend at Starbucks will be available and it is great. Buy the beans and try it at home. Don't take the chance of getting coffee that has been sitting around. I take my coffee very seriously and as soon as it is done brewing, I put it right into a thermal carafe. I have it down to a science. I put the coffee on and then run out and let the chickens out of the coop, run out to the road and get the newspaper and run back in before the coffee is done brewing. I don't like coffee that has been sitting in a glass pot on a burner. I really like my coffee maker but if there is one thing I could change about, it would be that it brews directly into a thermal carafe and not into a glass pot. I saw a Viking (same people that make the fancy ranges) coffee maker that has that feature. I am not in the market for a new coffee maker right now but when I am, that is what I am going to get.

Oh, the Sumatra at Costco is $14. for 3 lbs. Not bad considering Starbucks beans are $10. a pound for Pike Place and usually $13 a pound for the Christmas blend. I am actually finishing up a tall Pike Place as I type this.

Back
Top Bottom