coffee stunts your growth? fact or myth?

I gave my firstborn a sip of mine hoping he'd recoil and leave me alone.

Wrong.

Secondborn is stealing my coffee now.

Firstborn is in 4T and 5T clothes, and he's 3 and a half.

I have drank coffee most of my life, I am only 5'1" but I think my height is genetic, mom is 5' and dad is only 5'6". So no, I don't think it does.

my dad has 13 bros and sisters they drank coffee from 12 yrs old to even younger. my grma was portugese and this was her way. besides my dad and his twin, his siblings are all around 6 foot. i drank coffee too at a wee age and i am 5 ' 8. not all that tall but its all good.

so i say mythbusted.

I've always heard it was a myth but I still told my kids that it would stunt their growth just because it is expensive and they would drink to no ends. I don't touch the stuff but my DH has a pot every morning as black as can be.
sickbyc.gif
My 9 yr. DS was caught drinking it one morning and when I confronted him about it, his reply was "Mom, you say you love me the way that I am and wish I didn't grow anymore. You said coffee stunts your growth so, I'm drinking it so I don't grow anymore" How can I be angry with that? He is a sweet heart.
love.gif

Quote:
well caffiening me up cured me of being able to get hyper easily! it takes like a lot to get me hyper!

Caffeine is a drug and is not healthy.

It is habit forming and addictive.

I imagine that it doesn't truly stunt growth, but it sounds good.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom