Coffee's ready...

hi, Scoop thanks.. it was sure good news.
its freezin cold here too
but I will relax on byc then bake a little,
I am taking the week end
for me. of course after I took care of my feathered friends.and the furry ones .
terri-O My brother near Kalmooze is house bound from the high drifts and cold.
stay warm..You -all
Iam on my second cup of coffee,
Gave my flock a giant bowl of oatmeal,
its their 2nd. time with this treat and they are lovin it.
does anyone have any idea when a silkie
begins to lay.at what age.some say 8 months.
chickbound ... I thought a tinge of heat.
gig.gif

Good morning! We must not have coffee on Sunday huh? I had to search for the board...good thing I now how to do that now. Having just a cup this morning because it is Monday and I am off to work in a minute. Charlie my house chicken is not well at all today...I am starting to think he may die....so sad, I have had him in the house for 3 winters. I am getting a new antibiotic today. Have a great day all! Have a cup or 5 for me! Terri O in WI

Good morning chicken wranglers
-19 yesterday morning and this morning it was 13 above so I went out in a T shirt to feed the flock. Only kidding! But it does feel like a heat wave in comparisson.It is funny how people acclimate themselves to temp. variations on a daily basis. When I lived in the tropics rainy season it got down to 64 at night and I would break out the blankets.I think now when it gets above freezing that it will seem like spring if you know what I mean.My coop is a lot bettter wothout the extra roos stirring it up. I believe that when I culled the 9 I did not need that the 4 that are left have new attitudes and the hens dont get pestered as much by ya know.Ineed to work now, God bless and have a great day!

Good Morning everyone. I am on the last cup of coffee (I just poured) I can chat for a bit.

Did any one see the J. Leno show? The lady that preformed CPR on a chicken. I laughed like crazy, so funny. I will see if I can post the site.
he.gif
rant.gif
It is not working.

I dusted all my little chicks yesterday. The screamed and squawked like I was killing them.
barnie.gif

I got a good start on installing the plastic poultry netting, on the top underside, of the pen. It sure is nice to work with. No ripped skin. It forms to what ever you are attaching it to. You can tie it with wire or string. I will wrap the top half of the fence with it also. I have hardware cloth 3' tall around the bottom of the fence. This will save me lots of $$ on hardware cloth. I also used it to divide the big chickens pen from the Baby Chickens pen. I had dog kennel sections in that area. I took one out when I moved the playhouse coop in the new area. The big pen is covered with sun screen in some areas. I also have a couple of small tarps over roost and feed areas. A Camo netting, covers top of that. I have ordered another net to go over the small pen. Perfect for the blistering summer AZ. sun. I am impressed with how well the net has held up.
thumbsup.gif

Cup is empty. Got to get chores done. Have a good all
frow.gif

caf.gif
Good morning where is everyone
the coffee bar is open to all you flock owners.
Iam having my first cup of hot java and it hits the spot.
I let my flock out to their first snow, whats left of it.
and they tipped toed thru it and had a good time,
Have a great day.
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif

Good morning Arizona...Looks like it is you and me on this page... I will have some cream in mine... How do you take it??
caf.gif

Hi, I'm up (sort of) just poured the 2nd cup. That 1st cup went fast. Anyhow, A great big Howdy from :cool:sunny Arizona. It is so hard to stay in the house and do house chores. I fly through the inside work so that I can get outside.
I did get two more sections of the netting up. I sure hope the little birds can't get in the 1" hole. What do you think? There are some pretty small birds that get in chicken wire.
My Sultan Cockeral had some blood on one of his toe. I checked it out and it looked like a couple of feathers had been pulled out and or broken off. I didn't think I had anything in the pen or coop area that he could get hurt on. I washed his feet off and put meds on the area. Later, when I sat down to take a break, I noticed that the other chicks were pecking at those toes. I had a hard time catching the little fellow this time. I did after a bit catch him and lock him in a large cage, that is in the pen already for just things like this happening. also a time out cage. I did put him in the coop with all the others when it was bedtime. I will have to move him to the big chickens pen. I have 2 hutches that are not being used by my girls. The hutch's are all set up. Easy transfer for me. I don't know how Louie-Lu-Li will like the new digs. The big and little chickens have always been able to see each other. Willy Boy, The head Rooster has been visiting in the pen with the little chicks several times. He Likes them. So maybe Louie-Lu-Li won't be lonesome.

Hi all! Well, I got my house white glove clean yesterday. Man it was overdue! Today I don't want to hear no vacuum cleaner or see any mop!
lol.png
Today I need to add straw to the nesting boxes for
the precious hens. They are taking the cold better than the rooster. He won't even come out any more in this weather and he seems depressed. I put him in with the girls last night just to change up his routine. I don't think he liked me putting him back in his own space this morning. Poor thing. I think he misses his little room-mate that we lost.

Ahhhh... the coffee is good this morning. It's just tastes better when the house is clean!
gig.gif
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom