Coffee's ready...

Good Mornin...its ANOTHER chilly morning here in Tennessee..8 degrees to be exact!!! I hope everyones critters whether furry or feathered is doing ok during our blast of winter.
Its warm oatmeal for my chicks this morning...they love it!!

Good morning, All. It is sooooo cold! Even though my flock is used to it, I have been babying them with warm oatmeal mush.
I think it's more because I am cold than that they are.
lol.png
My blue andulsian and gold lakenvelder roos have begun to crow - they sound so funny! I have
been putting vaseline on their coxcombs to keep them from being frostbitten. I have to do in the evening when they roost, because they are not easy to catch.

I feel badly for you who are in the south - this cold spell must be particularly bad. Not only for your livestock, but for you. Your houses are probably not insulated well enough!
Spring will come - I just hope sooner than usual.

Have a warmish day!

Morning. Cold and icky here still too...although I made the girls some grits this morning to warm their bones.
big_smile.png
They were mighty appreciative!

Hi all! Sissy, so glad to hear that husband is making some progress. He sure has a lot to deal with all at once. Well, it's 18 degrees here this morning. It snowed all day yesterday and we got about 3 - 4" of snow. The chickens weren't too interested in venturing out in that. So now we are bracing for the single digits tonight. Gave them plenty of warm water yesterday and cleaned the coop some. Then I hauled in some firewood so we wouldn't have to do it all weekend. I plan to hibernate this weekend. Not goin anywhere!! Just gonna sit here with a good book and hot tea! Right now I'm in the middle of Fast Food Nation and it is eyeopening to say the least. Want to read some of my DD books if I get done with this one.

Keep warm everyone and look forward to spring and all the peeps hatching, etc.
love.gif
caf.gif

Just got in from doing the first round of ice breaking and hot water hauling and hay for the big critters. All the feathered critters are next then grain time. Up to a whole 10 degrees here. Really worried about the neighbors horses and cattle. They only have the creek for water and it is frozen and barely flowing. I am sure there are even more critters around here like that, most people are using ponds or creeks as their only water source around here.

Wow! you guys make me freeze just hearing about your temps. I will not even mention my temp. this morning.

I will join all of you for another cup of hot coffee, just black, and Kroger brand, Breakfast Blend. I like it the best. I have a timer on my coffee pot, and the smell of the perking coffee comes drifting into my bedroom. It pulls me out of bed. As soon as the on button comes on, my Kitten Archie and Basset Hound, Abby, start playing around, making noise. They know when they hear the coffee pot, that Mom is going to get up and get food for them. Those two are starving in the morning. They have me well trained.

My little Sultan, Louie-Lu-Li is really showing all the Sultan feathering. They are pure white. I have been watching a black spot of feathers coming in on his chest almost center. It is a very rare thing to happen. I think.
hu.gif
I will try to get some close up pics of the spot. My baby Cochin, Lily, pure white, Has one black feather on the top, off to the side, of her head. So much for pure white. I don't know if those feathers will fall out. He has not shown the black feathers yet in these photos.

Last edited:
Beautiful blue skies here...and it's up to 7! It was -1 when I got up...I need more coffee before I go outside to feed. I have never given warm oatmeal...maybe I will cook up a pot. You do cook it right? Or do you just soak in hot water? Thought I might get some breakfast out of this too
lol.png
....Terri O in WI

"It's 84 degrees this bright sunny morning with not a cloud in the sky. Be ready folks, it's gonna be a barn burner today!"

Ok, I thought that might make you feel warm. -4* this morning in Iowa. Wind chill somewhere around -20*. Brr.

Back
Top Bottom