Coffee's ready...

Good morning chicken wranglers
It is a new year "feels the same as last year only colder!My flock had to be thinned,9 roosters culled ,no sense in feeding the guys all winter for no reason and I only need 4 for the 30 hens anyway. No deer, and I am done for this season,I do have 3 in the freezer. I mean that I have what is left since we have been eating them for a couple of weeks . Freezer full of chicken ,corn, G.B . zuchini,beef and all .I think that I could get snowed in and we will still eat.By the way it is in the 0's and not looking up for the rest of the week. I hope you all have warmer temps. My ford diesle doesnt want to run so I'll drive one of the work trucks until the snap clears "march?Ladys thanks for the well wishin on the farm" I meet with the banker at 2:00 today, gotta get on the asset sheet for him so i'll see ya'll tomorrow. God Bless!

I think no farm is in the future the 80,000 a year payment is just a little out of reach. The bank will only do a 15 year note and I was hoping for at least 25.
Nuff said .Good to hear from y'all God Bless!

Good morning Karl, sorry about the farmland.
But if its meant to be ,something will come about,
Its so blasted cold here, was 12 degrees now its 15
and is to go to 5 tonight, have the freezer full and just hope
power stills on. should have bought that generater,
and we are to have these temps all week. pipes froze upstairs but
alls well down here and have all faucets dripping all night just in case.
Late last night Igave hot water to my flock and have all the heat lamps lit.
So far 2-eggs out of 18 ladies.at 7 this morning and they were frozen...
All you Flock owners, enjoy your warm coffee, tea or coco,
I am on my second cup of coffee and slice of raisin bread.

Good Morning All!!! I have the morning off so it's LOTS of coffee for me here today! We have nice sun outside and it was even above 5 this morning! It makes it feel so much "warmer" when the sun is out doesnt it? So I will go and pour another cup and maybe someone is still here....Terri O in WI

Wow, Karl, $80,000 a year!? Yikes. That is totally outrageous! That's a shame.

Sissy, I don't understand why it's so much colder where you are. We've just been stuck on 20 here lately. 20, 20, 20 every time I look out. I'm not complaining tho. I can deal with it.

Chickies are lovin the fresh water in the morning. They drink it as I'm pouring it out of the jug. So cute they are!

I'm jealous of that sun you got there in Arizona Pati. I haven't seen that lately. We have snow flurries right now.

Coffee is gone and off to do other chores...
pop.gif

Dear Friends in the South - I have been hearing on the news how cold it is, and I send my sympathies. I am used to 0 degrees in New Hampshire, but south of the Mason-Dixon line, I am under the impression (false, obviously) that it never goes below 50 - even in winter.
My grandfather had a saying: "When the days get longer, the cold gets stronger."
old.gif
Hang in there, Everyone. Eventually, it has to get warmer. Zap that coffee and stay warm!

frow.gif
Good morning all to you Flock keepers.
Scoop, this cold we have now
is the worst since the 1800s , we have been told by the tv news.
tonopatti send me some sun shine.if you can spare it.
I am hauling hot water to the flock each morning about 7 then its
coffee time with my Byc friends at the coffee bar.
any one need a second cup.I am going to try feeding
hot oatmeal to day first time
I hope they like it. as I have been reading a lot
here on Byc that give that to warm up their guys and gals,
but not untill I
get my BYC fix with the 2nd. cup of coffee.
stay warm .
caf.gif

Last edited:
Good Morning everyone.
caf.gif
I just poured my 3rd cup. My mo-jo, is working now.
lau.gif

I wish I could send you guys some sunshine. Come summer time I'll be crying for cooler weather. (mind you, NOT cold weather). I feel bad for you guys having to be out in that kind of weather. Indeed, I am Blessed.

Have you all got your Guess logged in for the 50,000 members yet? Has any one signed up to rank the chicken coops? This should be fun and very interesting.

I think I need a slice of some cranberry nut bread. Home made with fresh berry's and a mix of walnuts and pecans. Sure is tasty, warm with a little dab of real Butter.
caf.gif

I was out in the Little Kids pen when I heard a meow, meow. I looked up and there was my Cat Archie, looking at me from the big kids pen. I got the camera and got this photo. He thinks that he is really big stuff getting in the pen. The chickens are getting used to him, after putting him in his place.

Hi all, coffee is great this morning. Just watered and fed the girls and rooster. That rooster is
charging me all the time now. I had such high hopes for a nice one. My friend says to get a Dorking because they have such short legs they can't fight with you so easy or beat up on the girls as
much.
gig.gif
Here's an inside look at my bigger coop. Quality is poor because I took the pict thru a glass door. Rooster didn't want to cooperate for this! Our blue cochin, Bluebell is heading out the pop door!

21251_picture_086.jpg

Well, it's 24 out there now, but it feels good. No wind, a new coating of snow on the ground, it just looks pretty! The wild birds are busy eating at the feeder, too.

Need to clean the coop today and haul in firewood,
th.gif
Oh well, at least we're warm!
Have a good day all!

We got heat ,0 degrees. We can only go up from hear'Well maybe not' They say 5 to 7 inches of snow on the way. Winds will cause drifting Bad conditions all around. Stay warm. Good day to all.

Back
Top Bottom