Coffee's ready...

Morning All!!!!

It is 2 degrees here in the frozen waste land of Indiana , thankfully no wind . Sipping first cup of Blue Mountain then I have to get ready for work. Gotta love retail , open every day and I am gifted the weekend hours .
he.gif

Chickens are cursing me about the cold , told them I would warm it up for them in about 3 months , silly babies believed me.

Happy New Year to everyone and dreams of gardens , new chicks and warm weather.

Mary

Hi all! Sissy, I am feeling much better today! I am so sad to have missed celebrating New Years with the kids tho. They are telling me I didn't miss anything. They said when the ball got to the bottom that you couldn't even see it. Weird. Oh well, I heard fireworks.

Yesterday I didn't latch the door when I was in collecting eggs and the door flew open. Well, they flew out but just ran under one of the coops. They didn't go far and I couldn't get the rooster to come out and watch them! My DD and I didn't have any trouble getting them back in. I think they wanted to be back in there out of the wind. It was brutally cold.

Well, I've put all my hunting gear away. I just can't be out there in that frigid air. And even if I got a deer I would freeze my hands off gutting it and all. Yuck! Will have to get the stands down when it's warmer.
roll.png

Sissy, I would love to see pictures of your flock! Please get out the manual and start reading!
big_smile.png

Farrier - what about the dog? Any news?

Enjoy your coffee everyone!
caf.gif

Yeah---now i can post again--dont know what happened....oh well--it is 5F here today and I am glad I dont have to haul a horse for a lady any more...the deisel wont start anyhow and it is in front of the barn.
I stumbled on this thread and thought it was neat that you all "have coffee" together! Today I will have cheesecake with mine as we had a NEw Year's gathering with my family yesterday. The best part is that I have absolutely NOTHING to do today be cause my house is CLEAN! (you all must gasp here) So I will sit on the computer and watch my house chicken eat his breakfast! LOL--Good day all! Terri O in WI--truly the frozen tudra

Good morning all
caf.gif
idunno.gif
Phox01
what is blue mountain?coffee,Tea?
is Merrillville any where close by.
Its fridge here also . but only about 12 now
it was 9 degrees this morning at 6a.m.and
Iam enjoying a cup of dunkin donuts coffee
with my Hazlenut cream that Im addicted too.
celebrate.gif

Scoop. Iwill have to get to reading that manual again .
barnie.gif

and get my flock up for you 'all to see I have added
the last few in nov. now I have to get the other coop ready .
but its too cold for me out there, but they are happily staying in a

huge covered cage. on the carport with a 250 watt heat lamp.
so that will have to do for now.
have a great day everyone stay home if you can and stay warm
and keep your flock warm too.
frow.gif
welcome-byc.gif
to you.. from Wis. Glad you joined us.
Its always nice to another one at the coffee table,

Last edited:
Sissy
Blue Mountain is coffee from Jamacia , great stuff. I am way south of Merriville , near New Castle , but we used to come through Merriville to get to Kokomo when we lived at the Great lakes naval base.

Terri O

Got a ton of family in Wisconsin , where are you at ?

Mary

Good Morning from Sunny Arizona, Sipping the last cup of coffee before noon. In the house out of the house trying to get all chores completed so that I can set outside and soak up that sun shine today.

We will take down the Wind Turban today. Some more tweaking to do. Hopefully we will get it back up today.

Have a great day all. by for now:frow

I just came in for a coffee break - warming up this morning's. It is sooo cold outside. I have been working on my new coop - got some more of the wall up in the supply room, adjacent to the coop area. After lunch, we'll be working in the nesting boxes. Almost ready for some hens.

Tonopah - how I envy your warm weather. My toes haven't warmed up yet, and I have to go back out in ten minutes.

Welcome Math Ace, Phox01, Golden Roo!

Finally found where this topic is hosted....no coffee,I have Rum and Coke!!!! (now) I will join you all again tomorrow morning. I am in Lake Mills, between Madison and Milwaukee, to the kind soul who inquired....Terri O

Back
Top Bottom