Coffee's ready...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by shelleyb1969, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I think its wonderful that you have come full circle. I would give anything to have my parents, together or single, live with me. My DH would feel the same way, as my parents were more of a parent to him than his was. Enjoy, take pics and write his stories down. You have a legacy living with you!!!

2. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

Good Morning all, beautiful here this morning, but rabid heat coming back in full force. My DH drinks soda out of the 2 liter bottles (doesn't work with the cans, he drinks 1+ of the 2-liters a day, and while I recycle, the can population was wearing me out taking them out and storing them!) and I freeze water in them for the Alpaca water tank. They LOVE to see me coming with my bag full of bottles!! I hose them down every day once or twice and let the big stock tank run over with the hose to make them a shady mud spot under the big tree. They love to waller in it. Push each other out of the way so I can spray them, and Venus raises her fluffy tail for me to squirt her butt. She is a character!!! Has beautiful babies, and is a wonderful mama. Going to Sunday School, probably not church today, then home to just chill out for the rest of the day. Worked a youth group BBQ yesterday, ALL DAY and didn't wear my good tennis shoes and that concrete was murder on my feet. Shin splints all eve. but better this morning.

Have a blessed Sunday everyone.

3. oesdog

oesdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Ireland
    Quote:Your so lucky - I would do anything to have my Dad and Mum here just for even a day! - They wont come visit because they think I live in a war zone! Now sadly they are too old and frail to travel. DH 's mum and Dad are gone. His mum died when our daughter was just 6 months old - hard to believe it was 21 yrs ago! DHs dad was really ill after that and went into a nursing home - he was only 60 when he went in and 72 when he died. I wish I could have cared for him here but I have disabled twins and 4 kids in all and it was just far to much for me to cope with. Enjoy - I am jealous!

Oesdog - [​IMG]

Oh I didn;t go to church - I haven;t been for years and have an allergy - I come out in a rash!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2010
  4. chickboss

chickboss Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Quote:I think its wonderful that you have come full circle. I would give anything to have my parents, together or single, live with me. My DH would feel the same way, as my parents were more of a parent to him than his was. Enjoy, take pics and write his stories down. You have a legacy living with you!!!

X2

5. chickboss

chickboss Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Well, no horrible reheated coffee for me this a.m. I am brewing some kind of Starbucks super dark something or other that smells rich and delicious! I had a very restless night, so I am ready for the joe. Plans today, hmmm..I need a farm pick up day. The kids seem to leave odds and ends sitting about, the area in front of the hay shed could be raked. That kind of stuff. I think today will be my take care of the little stuff day. Wishing you all a beautiful morning out there!

6. Sissy

Sissy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Sevier county, Tn.
    Hi flock tenders Im late for coffee
    but this nice ice tea just hits the spot.
    Had a beauitful
    hatch this morning from my black silkie
    1 buff and 4 black fuzzy butts under her. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    So I had to secure the coop so they dont slip away
    the nest box is in a large Cyclone dog pen wired around with chix wire need to
    get hardware cloth.
    math-ace [​IMG]:clap I wish Mom and dad were here
    they both loved the farm they had 120 acres
    and
    would have loved our
    mini-farm .More fun less work.
    with 13 silkies, 3 ameraucanas and about 35 banty cochins and 2 Orps.
    the flock keeps growing. the garden, the deer had a feast.
    but we managed getting some of it before
    the buffet opened.
    3 cats Ethel, Lucy and Boots. 1 jack russel Buster.

1German shepard and1 Lab
    no longer with us, who are missed.
    so I have been reading the free ads.

7. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    Good Morning!Congratulations on the hatch, Sissy - anymore today?

Math Ace - psst - you still looking for some more Marans? I got a hook-up for you if you're still feeling that itch. It's the 'supplier' I got my Marans girl from - and she's got good stuff, man. Real good stuff. Makes you wanna just get more and more of them when you watch her walk around the yard with her pretty feathered feet- shiny shiny irridecent feathers - perfect coppering. But I gotta stop, really I do - if I put anymore out there I'm gonna start getting some heat. But boy it's hard. You just let me know. She's got several pullets and one more roo, who is STUNNING. No more for me. No more. [​IMG]

Anyway, gotta get ready for a friend to come over with her kids - guess that's a "play date". She wants chickens, too, but they are moving to a little development soon and I doubt they are allowed there. Poor girl. Her husband told me he'd kill me if I convince her to get chickens. Nu-hahahaha. (that's and evil laugh).

Anyway, have a great day, chicken friends.

8. Chiefs Mess

Chiefs Mess Out Of The Brooder

Feb 1, 2007
    Good morning all

Have my coffee brewing, sent hubby to work and son is leaving for school.
    I go back to work in 2 weeks, [​IMG]

With all the over 100 degree weather we had I still have a lot to do in the yard.
    Right now it is nice and I will be sitting outside hearing all the birds chrip and talking to a wild guinea.

9. oesdog

oesdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2010
    Ireland
    Well its a late coffee here for me. Up early and rush to get my daughter to take her to the midwife. There is small progress! So that is good news.
    We are hoping baby is born this week as the hospital wont let her go any longer than the 16th. Its been a really long few weeks of waiting and contractions that don;t seem to be doing much at all poor kid.

Had to rush round doing the chickies this morning so they all got pretty well turffed out of their beds. Now I will have to make up for it with treats. Its rain here and I forgot the dogs were in the yard so they got caught in a down poor and are now very wet!

Now swallowing down the last of the coffee as it is gone 1 pm here and I need to fix lunch as DH has to rush to get one of the Boys from his work - Its suppervised work as he has brain injury - so Dh has to get him and then go on to a dental appointment. I am ok with that as I might get the house to myself a few hours and finish a few of thebaby things. Better go wake Dh as he is asleep on the bed poor fellow was up in the night with our other disabled boy, he did the night shift as I was up early for dotty and the midwife this morning.

So will away for now. - wish I had some of your sun - send some this way!!!!!!

Oesdog - [​IMG]

10. karl E lutz

karl E lutz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2010
    Good morning chicken wranglers
    How is everyone on this fine monday morning.Oesdog I hope the birthing goes well. Sissy glad you got your chicky goin on.Math ace, I hope your Dad is a great asset to your farm. My father came out to help plant potatos and I just dug up the fruit of our labor,Well 2/3 of it any way. Three rows 70 ft. long and I was sore. The clay is as hard as crete, it took both feet and my 180# jumping to get the fork in,then the the prying and sifting, but 200 and some pounds of taters later.
    Now all I gortta do is build a taterbox and an onion box and can more stuff and pick more stuff and bring the heiffers home and work ever day and woop my kids and please my wife. Well ya'll get the country picture.
    Sail on old sailor! Have a wunerful country day. God bless!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by