Coffee's ready...

Hey, we've all been quiet for too long. Hope that everyone and their families are doing well.

Planted a new tomato this year - 'Mortgage Lifter'. Has anyone else tried this variety? I really like it. Dark pink fruit, very fleshy, mild to moderate taste and it appears to keep quite well. I've picked 15 or more from this one plant, and it is still setting tomatoes. I will plant more next year if I can find them.

I got a late start. Forgot all about this thread, I've been so busy.

Working in yard clearing things. Have a new chain saw so that helps.

Comptemplating hedgerows and how I can build one. What to put in it and all that.

Good morning People,
I hope this finds everyone, including their families doing well. It's been a while since I have been here. It's been one fast, busy summer for me. I got a lot done on the house this summer, with just a few odds and ends to finish before winter. I am already have late winter projects to do, with a few more for summer. Hopefully the house will be just about done.

I picked up a few more birds this spring. Five speckle sussex and seven golden laced wyandotte, plus I still have 2 grumps left. We are still eating out of the garden, egg plant, green tomatoes, kale, bok choy, lettice. No frost as of yet. The shed is half full with firewood, but plenty of oak to process and move.

@rancher hicks Great pictures, I was wondering how to start a hedge. I have been just plying brush.

Till next time, enjoy your family and day,

Kaj

Good morning, Kaj, thread has been slow lately. Summer is a busy time for all. No frost here yet and still picking tomatoes. Even without a frost leaves are starting to turn. It's a good time of year, but we all know what comes next.

Morning,

Leaves are just starting to drop around here, but the trees aren't really turning yet. We tried something new this year, fried green tomatoes. They were pretty good. I have to pull the remaining tomato plants from the bed to get it ready for garlic planing.

We have had a fire in the wood stove a few times this month so far. This morning feels the best, after yesterdays rain and a chilly morning.

@sourland How's the rabbits and hounds doing? You still doing trials? My brother in law lives for it.

Enjoy the day

Kaj

Morning, all,
caf.gif
. Cool, but beautiful here too after yesterdays storm. Hounds are doing well, Kaj. 9 wins and multiple places so far this season.

Morning,

Leaves are just starting to drop around here, but the trees aren't really turning yet. We tried something new this year, fried green tomatoes. They were pretty good. I have to pull the remaining tomato plants from the bed to get it ready for garlic planing.

We have had a fire in the wood stove a few times this month so far. This morning feels the best, after yesterdays rain and a chilly morning.

@sourland How's the rabbits and hounds doing? You still doing trials? My brother in law lives for it.

Enjoy the day

Kaj
I think this is where i left off.
lol.png
havent' put in next years crop yet.

Too this computer keeps running slow and driving me crazy. Eveything I type is delayed and if I mewss up like this i have to go back to retypel ti.

Got the incu up and running. What with egg prices what they are I could use more, even thought I sell them below retail sotre mpirce.

lost a couple of Del voer the summer and acuired three marsh Daisies. None of the spring chikens are laying yet. Most C. Rocks but they're late matureres anyhow.

Traided or gave away a bunch beofre heading south thor the birht of pricness sofie. Can't wait to see her again. Dw won't move south though, but today is oe of those days I'd get on a plane right now.

Morning people,
First "chilly" day of the year, 42 degrees @ 5:00. You ever notice that it seems to get colder just as the sun breaks the horizon? I have always wondered if it is a sensory deception between your eyes and skin, with your ole gray matter playing games.

I figure I have a few weeks to go before I have to plant the garlic. I should really get the bed ready now so it can "rest".

@sourland Congratulations on the wins. I had a good hunting lab, that no one was allowed to shoot the rabbits he brought back. The rabbits weren't worth him. I finally taught him not to mess with them. The stories I could go on about his antics.....

@rancher hicks How's the new addition to the family doing? I can sympathize with computer problems. I went to Win10 and it has been "fun". None of our eggers are laying yet. Next spring.

On another note, I tried some rangers meat birds this year. I am a still sitting on the fence with them. They had good aspects and bad aspects.....

Anyways, enjoy your day, off to "work"

Kaj

Hey, Kaj, you're in a heat wave. It's 34 degrees here in NJ.
tongue.png
My BIL had a very good English setter. One day his brother took him hunting and shot rabbits which he retrieved. Never could break him of pointing/trailing rabbits.

Morning people,
First "chilly" day of the year, 42 degrees @ 5:00. You ever notice that it seems to get colder just as the sun breaks the horizon? I have always wondered if it is a sensory deception between your eyes and skin, with your ole gray matter playing games.

I figure I have a few weeks to go before I have to plant the garlic. I should really get the bed ready now so it can "rest".

@sourland Congratulations on the wins. I had a good hunting lab, that no one was allowed to shoot the rabbits he brought back. The rabbits weren't worth him. I finally taught him not to mess with them. The stories I could go on about his antics.....

@rancher hicks How's the new addition to the family doing? I can sympathize with computer problems. I went to Win10 and it has been "fun". None of our eggers are laying yet. Next spring.

On another note, I tried some rangers meat birds this year. I am a still sitting on the fence with them. They had good aspects and bad aspects.....

Anyways, enjoy your day, off to "work"

Kaj

She's in TX and growing like a weed. We went down in May/June for her birth. She's the reason I got a late start on the garden. Only garlic did well. Oh and some Egg plants but I do those in pots set in the driveway. Nice and warm for them there.
Weather here is okay and they're is lots to do. Working on this years apple sauce.

She's much bigger than this now.

Back
Top Bottom